Searching for grave

I am trying to find my great grandmothers grave her name was Agnes Scaife nee Mottram, she died in 1920 age 49, she was born 1870/71 i am desperate to find her, anyone out there that can help please

I am trying to find my great grandmothers grave her name was Agnes Scaife nee Mottram, she died in 1920 age 49, she was born 1870/71 i am desperate to find her, anyone out there that can help please

Do you know which area she lived in.

Do you know which area she lived in.

no unfortunatly i dont think i do i will have to have a look to see if ive got it wrote down

as above the marriage is on there for agnes, highhouse road/terrace owlerton.

there is some deaths on there for her possible husband, william henry scaife about 4 records, if its one of those for her husband then it could be burngreave/ city road

Possibly wardsend cemetary also.

it seem you have been on sheffield indexers and found anges, husband and family, and he may have been married 3 times,

goodluck

you also have the info i sent you

To find out if it may be Burngreave cemetery, please contact Mr. Dave Yates who is a member of 'The Friends of Burngreave Cemetery'. He was extremely helpful with a querie I had, even forwarding a photo of the particular grave. He can be contacted on dave-yates@live.co.uk.

Go down to Sheffield archives, they have all the cemeteries on film for you to look through. You have to book a machine before going and will show you how to use it. Take some ID too as you will have to become a member.

Thankyou for all the advice and help much appriciated, think i need to get henry death certificate then i will have a better idea of when he died as there seems to be some confusing things about him

---------- Post added 10-05-2013 at 15:04 ----------

Go down to Sheffield archives, they have all the cemeteries on film for you to look through. You have to book a machine before going and will show you how to use it. Take some ID too as you will have to become a member.

where abouts is the sheffield archives situated please

Thankyou for all the advice and help much appriciated, think i need to get henry death certificate then i will have a better idea of when he died as there seems to be some confusing things about him

---------- Post added 10-05-2013 at 15:04 ----------

where abouts is the sheffield archives situated please

-----------

Hi Hills, I've had lots of help at City rd offices they cover

all sheffield cemeteries

If they find what your looking for they will photo copy you the plot

and grave number. Hope it helps you. :thumbsup:

Do not exclude Loxley and Wisewood cemeteries as my family all lived in Owlerton and were buried in both cemeteries.

A lot depends on where people are buried depending if there is a family grave. Many people classed as paupers were buried in other family graves if there was room.

There is a website Find a Grave that may help you.

Hope this helps.

PopT