Fulwood Residents take heed

Im sure many Fulwood residents take heed every day...

Im sure many Fulwood residents take heed every day...

And what do you suppose they do with it?

And what do you suppose they do with it?

Swallow? :D

I agree its a disgrace ,another example was the people at lowedges were promised lots of money if labour got to power in Sheffield and we have got nothing either,so what areas

got the cash or has it all gone on townhall expenses and the north of the city bassett one

I agree its a disgrace ,another example was the people at lowedges were promised lots of money if labour got to power in Sheffield and we have got nothing either,so what areas

got the cash or has it all gone on townhall expenses and the north of the city bassett one

Don't look at me we haven't got it.;) OUr leisure centre is being shut as is our advice centre, the library is next on the list.

Sheffield County Council hosted Sheftival last year...

LOSSES from the cultural and sporting event Sheftival, held during last summer’s Olympics, are almost 10 times the sum initially reported.

Officials had said the cost of subsidising the event, at the Don Valley Stadium, Don Valley Bowl, English Institute of Sport and Sheffield Arena, was £20,000.

But Sheffield International Venues, which runs the sites on behalf of Sheffield Council, said ‘accounts just finalised indicate the event cost nearly £180,000’.

Thats where £180k went. It would appear that corruption runs deep in SCC. What they are doing with our money just stinks. They are not fit for purpose.

they certainly haven't spent it on road repairs.

http://www.sheffieldlibdems.org.uk/2013/05/01/looney-council-fund-costs-93p-to-administer-each-single-1/

300k fund costs 280k to administer. This is as insulting as it is appalling when will SCC stop abusing the people they are supposed to represent. :rant:

The article in the link has hardly any detail in it. It doesn't say what the fund is, what it's supposed to be delivering, what the money is being spent on or not spent on, etc.

It says 93% of the fund is going on admin and then

“For every pound that is spent in the community, a pound will be spent on administration, box-ticking and bureaucracy"

which I take to be 50%, not 93%.

A bit more detail and clarification would have been welcome.

---------- Post added 09-05-2013 at 20:20 ----------

they never will

The council is resurfacing every road in Sheffield over the next few years.

If what you are saying is true , then it is a sad reflection of the way that public representation has degenerated .

I look at some of the comments made by contributors of this thread and find them disgusting and degenerative .

Weather a person comes from Fullwood , Ecclesall , Brightside or even Outer space , they should be afforded the same courtesy as anyone .

I was always reminded that , as an elected representative of an area , then I represented the people of that area . You worked for every single one , be they Labour, conservative or whatever . They were still to be afforded your 100% input . If you sidestepped that responsibility then you are without any credibility .