A & E staff Northern General

Would just like to say, after having to attend....what a wonderful, fantastic lot they are :D

Turned out I'd badly pulled a muscle in my shoulder and will live but really I don't think they get appreciated enough and certainly don't deserve to get abused by a certain few.

Very grateful for a few strong pain killers.....Thank you :D

Would just like to say, after having to attend....what a wonderful, fantastic lot they are :D

Turned out I'd badly pulled a muscle in my shoulder and will live but really I don't think they get appreciated enough and certainly don't deserve to get abused by a certain few.

Very grateful for a few strong pain killers.....Thank you :D

well said,i had to visit the A & E dept on new years day,as you can imagine there was quite a few people in that were(shall i say worse for wear),most of them were rude and aggressive to the staff,the staff do such a wonderful job,we would be in a sorry state without them,so they deserve respect for the job they do.

I wouldn't last five minutes working there, what with the scum that walk in through the door.

They must have the patience of saints, they have my utmost respect.

I had to go the other day when my partner had a very nasty bump on his head. The nurse, Lisa was very very lovely and was so chatty and friendly to us that she put my mind at ease about his injury.

I've been in before where I've had to witness the abuse they get, I feel sorry for them. They should get paid a lot more for the crap they have to put up with!

I work in very close contact with the A&E staff and may i just thank you all, lots of the staff do an amazing job there, behind the scenes too and we very rarely get recognised for it, strangely enough i have just applied for a job up in A&E on the reception as i would love it. So on behalf of their staff thank you all, its so refreshing. :D

I'd like to add thanks to A&E at Sheffield Children's hospital too. Attended with my son this week late at night as he needed stitches. Very full and noisy waiting room and lots of patients' families in and out on phones, going for a smoke and complaining about the wait yet lots didn't seem to need to be there. All staff seen - receptionist, triage, doctor and nurse were cheerful, welcoming and deserve a medal - thank you

I wouldn't last five minutes working there, what with the scum that walk in through the door.

They must have the patience of saints, they have my utmost respect.

Totally agree.

When I worked in a&e, I received one thank you card in 4 months (and it was from one of intoxicated youngsters) - it made my day when I opened it :-) although my bosses ate all the chocolates!

A close friend of mine work's there in A&E and some of the stories i hear i don't know how they keep smiling as they don't get treated well.

A close friend of mine work's there in A&E and some of the stories i hear i don't know how they keep smiling as they don't get treated well.

The staff in A & E do a marvellous job, I had to go last June & within less than1 hour of seeing the nurse was on a ward, and on way to getting sorted (internal bleeding).

It must also be remembered that the ward staff are great, and they also get a lot of abuse which, is totally unwarranted.

You went to a&e for a pulled muscle... Wow ko wonder people with a real need have to wait 5hrs...