Seamstress/clothes etc alterations recommendations in Sheffield

hi i can do that for you .pm me and i can give you more info

There'

s a shop in Eckington shopping centre I'm told is very good

I just noticed a new place on Abbeydale Road this weekend and popped in to get a card as I can't get trousers short enough for my stubby little legs. (Might be cheaper in the end to have my legs lengthened!)

It's called Tailoring Castle, at 330 Abbeydale Road, 0792.260.6363. Open Mon-Sat 930-1700. The owner said trouser shortening cost £5 or £8 depending (on what?). Is that a good price?

If you try it, could you let us know if they did a good job?

Hi!

I know there are some old discussions on this topic, (I mean coming up to 10 years old), so I'd appreciate some up to date info.

Is there anywhere accessible and low cost to get a few pairs of trousers taken up? Is there somewhere in the new market? Or am I confusing it with Leeds (which I took a wander through a couple of weeks ago)?:huh:

Many thanks in advance.:)

Yes, there's a stall in the market which does alterations - it's run by an Eritrean tailor. I've had her do a couple of small jobs for me which were both fine, though not trousers.

Try Carole at Pins and Needles at Walkley. She's situated on the shops opposite the Springvale pub, I think it's Commonside but I'm sure someone will correct me if i'm wrong. Her number is 0114 2682212.

Hi Maggie, I'm looking to get a dress altered. It needs taking in by about a dress size I think. I'm new to the site so can't pm you. Please could you pm me so we can discuss it? Thank you, Nadine

hi i do alterations and trouser shortenings.if interested pm me

JL Ironing Company do ALL types of alterations and repairs.

Trousers/Jeans £8 a pair to be shortened

Just off the Prince of Wales road

Tel: 0114 2416514

I've had a pair of jeans shortened by Terrace Tailors this week. he's on Westfield Terrace just off West St. He charges £7.50 or £8.50 if you want them in an hour. Very pleased with the results !

Thanks for the private message Maggie - I can't reply as I haven't posted enough yet. I tried to ring you the other day and you said you were too busy unfortunately. Thanks though

Need a pair of trousers altering (length dropping, i would say taking down but no chance of that happening)

Work in city centre so lokoing for a central place. any recommendations my fellow forumsters?

There's a place down chapel walk, always do to a high quality, although they are really grumpy mares so don't expect a welcoming presence.