Colley School outing 60s are you on this picture?

The Parson Cross Heritage Society had a photograph donated recently from an ex Colley School pupil who still lives in Ecclesfield. The photograph was possibly taken in the 60s during a school trip to Barmouth in Wales. Can any ex Colley pupils remember these trips or even identify themselves or relatives on the following link?

Back row

2nd from left is Mr Niall the PE teacher

6th from left I think is Prof David Heys

8th from left is John Mellor who went on to teach at Colley

http://photobucket.com/albums/e382/Tiffy412002/?action=view&current=Colleyouting.jpg

Came across this link posted by "Tiffy" way back in early 2006.I don't know if there have been any follow ups.

From memory this photo was taken at Barmouth, Wales during a week long school camp at Whitsuntide in 1964.

The following year we did it again - only this time the girls were allowed!!!!!!!

Faces I think I recognise are:-

Back row; from left:- Tim Streeter (lab' technician);2nd left, Mr. Neal (PE teacher); 5th left, Colin Gregory; 8th left, Mr. Mellor (who was already teaching at Colley at the time); I think it is Stuart Barton next; Mr. Blowers; David Holroyd; Kevin Jones and George Gill. I think the lady was Mr. Neals girlfriend?

Next row down. Is that Glen Thorpe with the jazzy sweater? Further along is Stewart Saxton; Alan Hale; Pete Staniforth (hiding) and Rodney Bailey.

I think second from right in the next row down is Malcolm Smith with the lovely fringe!!!!

Great memories of a magic week.

Is that John Barraclough on front row? My brother Robert Theaker would have been 11 in 1964

Came across this link posted by "Tiffy" way back in early 2006.I don't know if there have been any follow ups.

From memory this photo was taken at Barmouth, Wales during a week long school camp at Whitsuntide in 1964.

The following year we did it again - only this time the girls were allowed!!!!!!!

Faces I think I recognise are:-

Back row; from left:- Tim Streeter (lab' technician);2nd left, Mr. Neal (PE teacher); 5th left, Colin Gregory; 8th left, Mr. Mellor (who was already teaching at Colley at the time); I think it is Stuart Barton next; Mr. Blowers; David Holroyd; Kevin Jones and George Gill. I think the lady was Mr. Neals girlfriend?

Next row down. Is that Glen Thorpe with the jazzy sweater? Further along is Stewart Saxton; Alan Hale; Pete Staniforth (hiding) and Rodney Bailey.

I think second from right in the next row down is Malcolm Smith with the lovely fringe!!!!

Great memories of a magic week.

Definitely Glen Thorpe - despite the sweater. I recognise a lot of the other names you mention but it is so long ago I can't remember what they looked like now

I didn't go to Colley (Grammar Grub) but a lot of Colley pupils I knew from Monteney

I would estimate the date of the picture as around 1965