Advice needed- osteoporosis

Im just wondering if anyone on here has osteoporosis?

Ive just been diagnosed (at 46) my doctor reckons its unusual to have it under 50 and Im wondering what the future holds re pain and mobility etc.

Im having really bad pain in my spine around the shoulder blade area but Im not sure if this is the osteporosis or something else.

My friend started with it at 39 when her periods were stopping and she is bow about 70.But she has had some pain but it is controlled by painkillers.She is active enough shopping etc. so it hasn't been too bad for her.I think some women take hrt for osteporosis but i don't know for sure.I have it some but not in a lot of pain.I do fall sometimes...clumsy...but my bones don't break easily i am 59.

If you've not had one already asked to be referred for a dexa scan at NGH. You'll have a full fracture risk assessment, including scan and possibly blood tests and xrays, depending on the reason you're being referred.

Do weight bearing excercise to help your bone density, walking is perfect, also dancing but jogging not so good.

Have a diet rich in calcium eg eggs milk yoghurt, cheese spinach, brocolli and a safe amount of sunshine to give you vitamin d to help absorb the calcium better.

There are lots of treatments, should you need it, so don't think you have to put your life on hold but you can do a lot to help yourself excerise and diet wise.

Yes Andres 68 I had a dexa scan last week I have some osteoporosis and am going back next week to the bone clinin but it's Rotherham.I can't do exercise as I have a neoro disability but I may need some pills or something.my dexa scan was a routine check for over 50s every two years.