So, Dave Jones.. Or a change?

I disagree, Wednesday would need to spend a fair bit to hit the top 2 and I can't see Milan doing that otherwise he would have done it last season.

DJ is a perfect manager for MM, good at getting the best out of average players...

Although Manderic doesn't like to hang around when getting clubs promoted. If he backs a manager and they fail he is quick to get rid.

i read on twitter today dj is on 14k a week surley that cant be true?...

also bristol city went down with a wage bill nearly double swfc

also bristol city went down with a wage bill nearly double swfc

I hope Meggy is getting the same two for the price of one.

Anyone remember the Birmingham game?... We were that good we looked like a champions league side, no, serious, it's a game that stuck in my mind, that is the kind of football DJ can and will deliver, the only prob he, along with every other manager in the championship, is finding the players to deliver consistently.

If, and it's a massive if, MM decides to back him to fulfil his 3yr plan, we will be contenders next season.

I see plenty of our red friends that seem to think consolidation in our 1st season isn't a success!!, sorry guys and gals, that opinion is deluded, IMO.

Right... so if at the start of the season you looked like a Champions League side (in your own words), then to be scrapping it out for survival on the last day is hardly success?

From the majority of owls posters on here, it sounds like he's turned you into a very dour, workmanlike side - nothing wrong with that of course (we could've done with it in the last month!).

Right... so if at the start of the season you looked like a Champions League side (in your own words), then to be scrapping it out for survival on the last day is hardly success?

From the majority of owls posters on here, it sounds like he's turned you into a very dour, workmanlike side - nothing wrong with that of course (we could've done with it in the last month!).

Regarding the quality of football ,then no it cant be classed as a success.Losing antonio especially resulted in us losing our playmaker and we did resort to some dour hoofball tactics.We have got it down and played some nice football,but only in patches.We really need a couple of quality signings[plus a fit antonio]to get back to something like that birmingham performance.

Keep Dave Jones.

if he was a failure:

We would not have gained promotion last season

and

Would now be plying our trade in league 2

Welcome back Brian - You've been MIA some time! :)

That's his going rate.

Link

Good link Jim.

Have a gander at the 'Messi Never Dives' video at the bottom of the 'Amicable agreement' page.

Fouled a million times but rides 'em all, or gets up off the floor and carries on.

Not once does he 'go down', when to be right, he should have. Many times.

What an attitude that geezer's got. ....................... Brilliant!

Edited by Hotmale 1954

You interpreted the wrong way, I just pointed that performance out as something DJ is capable of bringing to the club, yes he made us hard to beat, when he realised that the players he brought in weren't capable of consistently delivering that level of performance, yes, I know HE brought them in, but he only had 1 close season and limited funds to get players in.

He HAD to get us 'workmanlike' to consolidate for obvious reasons, but, and I'll stand by this, watch us go next season, survival scrap...no way.

You interpreted the wrong way, I just pointed that performance out as something DJ is capable of bringing to the club, yes he made us hard to beat, when he realised that the players he brought in weren't capable of consistently delivering that level of performance, yes, I know HE brought them in, but he only had 1 close season and limited funds to get players in.

He HAD to get us 'workmanlike' to consolidate for obvious reasons, but, and I'll stand by this, watch us go next season, survival scrap...no way.

Who knows, he may fancy a crack at the soon-to-be vacant Everton job (less likely to be fancying Wolves or Millwall though!).

At this moment in time, without the benefit of seeing the ins and outs at the club, i'd think you're more likely to be bottom half at best next season - whether that's a relegation scrap again who knows, but there is an awful lot of mediocre teams in the Championship (if a shoddy outfit like Middlesbrough can finish mid-table after going AWOL since around March, it doesn't say a lot). That's not saying L1 is better as it's clearly significantly worse.

Welcome back Brian - You've been MIA some time! :)

Thank you!!

Have been reading posts regularly, just haven't replied or posted in awhile!

Stick with Jones, he's a bloody good manager!

For a start this years Championship was freakish. For Wednesday to be worrying about relegation with 55 points on the last day would never normally happen and, as pointed out, we were only 10 points from the play-offs. Where Jones went wrong was with some of his first half of the season signings like Rodri, Pecnik, Amado, Bothroyd, Sidibe, Taylor, Mattock who just didn't work out. People naturally tend to focus on the negatives but don't forget about he also signed Kirkland, Gardner, Antonio, Lee, Olofinjana, Lita who made a big impact this season. Also I'm not 100% sure that some of these signings were actually ones that Jones wanted to make, seemed like there was some influence from Mandaric and Aldridge. Remember Danny Uchechi and David Kasnik under Megson.

As for his managerial record in the past he's taken teams like Stockport up the leagues and to the semi-finals of a domestic cup, took Wolves into the Premier League and turned Cardiff from a team scrapping around the lower half of the Championship to multiple play-offs and an FA Cup final! I for one wouldn't mind having some of the success Cardiff had when he was in charge even if he ended up losing, at least they were there and he set the foundations for where they are now.

Also I never get why fans get so hung up on managers not seeming to have any 'passion'. Standing arms folded on the touchline or being dour in interviews, to be fair some of the questions asked deserve his contempt, does not make him a bad manager. I bet when Morgan was put in charge across the city they expected passion and maybe he was animated on the touchline (I don't know as I didn't watch any matches when he was in charge) but the results didn't happen. Yet because it's 'Morgs' he's given a bit more leeway. Maybe we need to start calling our boss 'Jonesy' :D

Stick with Jones and next season we'll be in the top half and the last day of the season in May 2014 might just see us pushing for the play-offs.