Pain in the soles of my feet- can anyone help?

I am looking for a podiatrist in central / south Sheffield who accepts Westfield. I am in pain with both feet and think I have plantar facilitis - needing urgent help.

I have the same thing.All they told me to do was put some heel insoles in my shoes so that the heel is raised.Dont know about yours but mine is worse after having my feet up.:confused:

I suffered so bad from this, I was told I might need a nasty operation. However, my former GP saved me from this - he gave me some excellent advice that saved me from surgery and now I am pain free.

NEVER put your feet on the ground without stretching your leg muscles and rotating your feet and stretching them and wiggling your toes around first even if it's getting up to go to the loo at night. NEVER put your feet on the ground unless it's in to a good supportive trainer even if it's getting up to go to the loo at night. Two simple rules and if you really stick to them like I did, it'll save you so much agony.

If it is pf then one way of easing the pain is to stand on a step with your heels projecting backwards and slowly raise and lower yourself. Do this as soon as you wake up before the pain sets in.

Also, wear heel inserts in your shoes, which can be pricey if you have several pairs or boring if you keep the same inserts and swap them each time you change shoes.

I had pf for several months but using heel inserts and exercising my feet every morning meant I could carry on fencing and Salsa dancing (I think it was the last that caused it).

If its PF the only thing that offered me some relief was cortisone injections from my GP,hurt like hell for 10 secs but made a big difference

Some types of auto-immune arthritis can cause foot pain.

Today's Groupon for Sheffield is a Chiropody one so might be worth looking at.

ohhh i do sympathise if you do have this its horrible i suffer from it mine arnt to bad at the moment but i have bouts of it

i strongly recomend insoles mine were made by the hospital they do really help

also in a morning when you get up before putting any weight on your feet as you get out of bed stretch your feet back and massage them it stops any further damage ... cold ice packs ease the pain too

reserch on the internet for excerises they look like they wont help and i thought i was wasting my time but with perseverence they do help x

I really do sympathise with you i've had PF for the past year and it is complete agony. The stretch exercises do work wonders as do the insoles. It has gone as sudden as it came on so finger's crossed yours will go away.

Thank you everybody that has responded to my plight- I am an insole wearer already, maybe I need new or different ones. Cheers for the tip off re chiropody :-)

do you mean specialy fitted ones just normal ones wont make any diference did see some in asda that looked quite good but they were really expensive