Need some reviews on babystyle oyster pushchair please

Im thinking of buying the oyster pushchair but am not sure as I've read some bad reviews on them regarding front wheels and frame snapping , but they were last years reviews maybe babystyle have fixed the flaws? So does anyone have one and is it a good durable pram?

Thanks

Im thinking of buying the oyster pushchair but am not sure as I've read some bad reviews on them regarding front wheels and frame snapping , but they were last years reviews maybe babystyle have fixed the flaws? So does anyone have one and is it a good durable pram?

Thanks

I haven't, but my wife and I went pram shopping last weekend with the oyster as our number 1 choice. However the ones in mothercare and kiddicare were both badly worn - seat clips broken and hood adjuster worn so it wouldn't stay in position.

I know they might have taken a hammering from people trying them out in the shop but we took this as a sign that they aren't well made and went for something else.

I loved it. I had a first generation one when my son was born. It was an excellent pram, sturdy, solid, not too big (I'm only small) and not heavy at all. Also, it was so easy to clean and always looked presentable despite whatever mush my son decorated it with! I had it in pistachio green on a chrome chassis. Now, I've seen they do an all black frame with those awful cheap looking colour packs in garish colours. I think the one I had is now obsolete but looking at the ones you can buy now I probably wouldn't buy I based on what it looked like but if I knew what a great pram it was I'd reconsider.

Thankyou so much for the responses i cant decide now which pushchair to get theres so much to choose from!

I now have a baby jogger city select which is a double but can be used as a single too and it's a fantastic pram, I love it and as much as I enjoyed the Oyster I wish I'd got this in the first place

i thought of spending more than a couple hundred pound on a stroller once seemed absurd to me. When my son was born nine months ago, my wife and I settled on something cheap—the Graco SnugRider stroller frame, which isn't even a stroller but a set of add-on wheels for a car seat. It was £60, and we loved it.

But everywhere we looked, people seemed to have better strollers than we did. Theirs had big, beefy wheels that didn't jostle the little one when they rumbled over bumps and curbs; ours sometimes got stuck in the cracks on the sidewalk. Their strollers had lots of padding to keep the kid comfortable and big overhead shades to keep the sun out of their eyes. Most of all, other people's strollers just looked better. Ours looked like it cost £60.

Look, I admit this is shallow, but I let my envy get the better of me, and decided to try out five top-of-the-line baby movers. You certainly can't justify their cost based on function alone—a £600 stroller doesn't do three times as much as a $200 stroller. But you can say that about a lot of things in life. A BMW doesn't do three times as much as a Honda Civic, either. The luxury comes in the small things—the smoothness of the ride, the way the doors sound when they close, the softness of the seats. That's true of strollers, too.

I rated the strollers based on these criteria:

Ride (10 points): How easy is it to push, and how impervious is it to bumps in the road?

Flexibility (10 points): Is it a hassle to fold up? Can you recline the baby easily, or position him so that he's facing toward you or away from you?

Edited by bmw786

I have a Mamas and Papas Sola and I adore it! I got it much cheaper from the Mamas and papas outlet at Huddersfield .

I have a Mamas and Papas Sola and I adore it! I got it much cheaper from the Mamas and papas outlet at Huddersfield .

I did end up going for the mamas and papas sola but regret it now, had to take it back twice once for a chasis problem and now took it back due to the front wheels locking when going down a step or pavement i asked for a refund but they said it had to be sent off to be checked. I definatly wouldnt reccomend this pram to anybody.

I have one and think it's fab.. got it for November, easy enough to set up, carry cot kept her snug all winter, and she slept in it better than in basket, so became her bed. Also dead handy for when visiting people. clips in and out easy, as does car seat ( britax one) no complaints there. Chassis - not an issue yet, but it the clip to hold it together when folded isn't as tight now, but it still holds fine. To be fair, it's expected that it will be a bit looser as I have it up and down several times most days... just moved on to buggy part. bought the foot muff to make it a bit cosier, but it comes with apron which isn't bad. LO loves sitting up and looking out, and no complaints so far. ... I live in a first floor flat and find it to be light fpr gping up and down stairs. Great with carry cot and car seat so you don't have to get baby out if sleeping.... now, with the buggy part, not so great, but a couple of times I have unclipped it too and carried her up in it, and she hasn't woken .. no issues with wheels..... overall, I've been very impressed.