Begging on West Street/Division Street

Just for people to be aware, Thursday evening about 8PM, I was walking down West Street and I was approached by a male asking for change outside Dominos. When I told him no, he got quite aggressive. Granted he waited until I was halfway down the road to shout obscenities. I think it's because I didn't want to hear his sob story and told him I had no change before he'd finished.

Just so people know they're getting aggressive and don't be suckered in by the sob story!

If he is a white male quite lanky then it sounds like Gemmas boyfriend (or pimp). There is also another black 40 year old tall male as well like that who wanders round town whos given me grief before now.

Round them up and shoot them.

Good idea, another job for the 'Acme Liquidation Company'.:hihi:

I remember I was in town about 5 years ago Just doing abit of shopping I forget which shop the guy was under but he was clearly homeless quite old and he was being really horrible to passers by shouting swearing the whole lot he did it to me as I walked past I felt like turning round and giving some back to him I didnt but there was no need for it I understand they might be frustrated or whatever but people might help them a little if some of them wern't like it and polite and respectful to others.

I thought If you don't shut up and say the wrong things to the wrong people im sure they will teach you to shut up being rude and abusive to people especially when families are walking past with young kids just wrong. I don't give anything to them when they are like that. If I do donate I have to no where it goes and what on.

with winter fast closing in and snow predicted if anyone has old coats or jumpers, hats gloves and scarves etc, be nice if they could be donated to some of the homeles on the streets, and extra layer is better than nothing, small gesture but could make a difference to somebody

with winter fast closing in and snow predicted if anyone has old coats or jumpers, hats gloves and scarves etc, be nice if they could be donated to some of the homeles on the streets, and extra layer is better than nothing, small gesture but could make a difference to somebody

You aren't Bassman62s partner are you?

no im not, never heard of him actually, sorry

That's interesting seeing as he hasn't been around in the past couple of years and that you joined in the past few months:suspect:

no im not, never heard of him actually, sorry

Just that some plonkers on here keep adding to response to my posts with bassman62 and Bassy.

Just that some plonkers on here keep adding to response to my posts with bassman62 and Bassy.

I thought the idea was to add to people's posts! Anyway wasn't me

And I don't think another bassy would be allowed as they would be told the name was taken, unless it's a different spelling etc

Hi,

Without sounding too much like an idiot! I was at the cash machine outside sainsburys today on Division St and there was a homeless person begging outside right next to the cash machine. When he asked me if I had any money it was bloody obvious that I had as I'd just drawn some out and he saw me do it! When I got my phone out I checked the time but when I didn't give him any money he said "you can afford to keep an iPhone but can't afford to help the homeless" I didn't respond and walked off, I've noticed this more and more with the homeless and using spots next to cash machines to beg! Is it just me that finds it slightly intimidating?

They've got a nerve sitting next to the machine and expecting someone to hand over a tenner, minimum.

Should have said "yeah I've got a tenner you can have, do you have my £9.50 change?"