Begging on West Street/Division Street

If its the same one that i had a run in with he grabbed my skirt and told me what hed like to do with me after i told him i had no change.

Not good that! The one I had a run in was fairly small and quite skinny! Proper mouthy! If I could have got away with giving him a bit of a slap I would!

Not good that! The one I had a run in was fairly small and quite skinny! Proper mouthy! If I could have got away with giving him a bit of a slap I would!

Tell him you give him a £5 if you can smack him a few times

There are genuine cases out there (give to charity privately) but if they get 'aggressive' then they would get the same back from me!

Odd how people always leave the bigger blokes alone, but prey on the ones they think they might bully?

I never ever give to beggars, and I certainly would never ever give to charity as they are the biggest beggars of them all. Piles and piles of envelopes through the door, phone call after phone call, door knocking (don't even get me started on that one) and harrassment in the city centre. No, my hard earned money belongs in my purse, for my personal use. If they are so desperatefor money, why do they spend a fortune filling the envelopes with free gifts - xmas cards, pens and shopping lists?????

Lets hope you never get ill, lose your job, have a relationship breakdown etc etc.. and find yourself being evicted.. no one ever thinks it will ever happen to them..

What if they have a club foot ?

You have just answered your own question although I doubt you will ever know.

I never ever give to beggars, and I certainly would never ever give to charity as they are the biggest beggars of them all. Piles and piles of envelopes through the door, phone call after phone call, door knocking (don't even get me started on that one) and harrassment in the city centre. No, my hard earned money belongs in my purse, for my personal use. If they are so desperatefor money, why do they spend a fortune filling the envelopes with free gifts - xmas cards, pens and shopping lists?????

Well luckily for society there aren't many people like you around.

I know it's pointless to say this but poeple could try actually finding out facts before posting rubbish on here

I had one try to push buying a phone (most likely stolen) so he could get some cash.When I said no after he constantly tried to block my way he demanded I gave him all the £10 I had in my wallet, so I said no and walked away and he tried to spit on me. Joke was on him, it was raining not like it would of made a difference if he got me.He then followed me to the tram stop to stare at me.

Well luckily for society there aren't many people like you around.

I know it's pointless to say this but poeple could try actually finding out facts before posting rubbish on here

My Bold

Ime afraid you could not be more wrong, i see beggars in town constantly and very few give them anything and most of them that do give them something do so to get rid of them, not for charitable reasons.

Ime afraid you could not be more wrong, i see beggars in town constantly and very few give them anything and most of them that do give them something do so to get rid of them, not for charitable reasons.

Just because you don't hand money directly to beggars doesn't mean you don't give to charity. We're not all like our compassionate & kind hearted friend carol1962.

That sounds like it could be the same one.

I got a cold shiver down my spine when he went on one.

Just because you don't hand money directly to beggars doesn't mean you don't give to charity. We're not all like our compassionate & kind hearted friend carol1962.

Hi

i was referring to trampy type beggars or have you got any change beggars, the best way to give to registered charities is through your salary if you can then they get tax allowance refund from the government.

There used to be a man begging on West Street...on the opposite side of the road to Tesco....in a doorway....he said he was hungry.

Rather than give money...I asked him to come to Tesco....bought him a decent sandwich, a drink and some cake.....when we came out I gave it him. He thanked me and said bless you. I asked if he believed in God...he said yes....so I simply said well this one's on Jesus....and walked away.

Sometime random acts of kindness are not only good for the receiver but good for the giver too.

And if I see this aggressive beggar on West Street anytime soon I will do the same. We never know what led them to be in the situation they are in.....and we also never know if we will ever be that person on West Street asking for help. :D

The problem is not all the begger`s are genuine