Begging on West Street/Division Street

Go into the shop and buy them a sarny.

I bet the tramp will reluctantly accept it as its cash they really want.

Go into the shop and buy them a sarny.

I bet the tramp will reluctantly accept it as its cash they really want.

I've seen some refuse as all they want is cash. Its like those that scrounge near stations for "Train fare" when all they need is money for drugs and booze.

I have a friend who was asked for some money 'for a train ticket' outside the station. Friend offered to go with him and buy his ticket for him. Funnily enough he wasn't taken up on his offer...

I have a friend who was asked for some money 'for a train ticket' outside the station. Friend offered to go with him and buy his ticket for him. Funnily enough he wasn't taken up on his offer...

Yep its funny that isnt it. The reason these people do it is to get unsuspecting people who come to this city and are new. Students are the main target. Rest of us recognise the usual suspects and tell them to sling their hook.

Speaking of familiar faces. Is Gemma still begging?

i always offer homeless people food or a hot drink . i wouldn't give some one money if they sit next to a cash machine . ta jeff

and were's your head been this country's never let any one starve i beg to differ me owd

Ok then whose starved to death because of this country? If it were true the lefties would publicise it and have a field day.

It is true. The lefties are publicising it, but nobody else is taking any notice. Here are a couple:

Maybe you should read the links before you post them, quote from David Clapson.

"quote"

There are hardship payments for those who are struggling, but only a minority are told about them, leaving many to survive on zero income.

There was someone stood begging outside Tesco on Berkley Precinct the other day, I told him I get a pension and didn't have money to give away.

When I came back out he was stood smoking a fag.....

Just to make people aware, there is a VERY aggressive man asking for money around West Street / Division Street. I saw him chase a young couple down the pavement saying he was going to punch the guy.

Not the guy sat by the cash machine at sainsbury's but in the same area. Was white, overweight and heavy-set, black top, green backpack. His eyes were half-closed (high/drunk?).

He shouted after them "I know where yoou work!". Sure I saw him outside the library about a year ago doing the same thing. Just so people know to watch out and call the police if he gets aggressive with them.

I do feel sorry for people who ask for money but when they resort to this sort of stuff it does defeat their object.

Ok then whose starved to death because of this country? If it were true the lefties would publicise it and have a field day.

This country has a lot of depressed people and produces a lot of suicides.

Giving someone money or food is just a physical thing, there are many issues that are inner, emotional and personal that need addressing.

Thinking it is all about food or money is a big mistake and shows incapacity of seeing who and what you really are.

This country has a lot of depressed people and produces a lot of suicides.

Giving someone money or food is just a physical thing, there are many issues that are inner, emotional and personal that need addressing.

Thinking it is all about food or money is a big mistake and shows incapacity of seeing who and what you really are.

I agree but we cannot solve the other problems. The only one we can solve is by giving them something they need. And to seperate the genuine from the fakers if we offer food the genuine will take it. I would if I was starving.