Begging on West Street/Division Street

Guest sibon

It could well be just you.

I almost always find homeless people very polite, grateful for any help and pretty dignified really.

There are a few exceptions, of course, maybe you met one of them.

I agree.

I will buy the big issue and give to beggars now and then but never when they are next to cash machines.

I felt like reporting it to the Sainsburys store but don't want to come across like a horrible person!

---------- Post added 13-01-2015 at 00:08 ----------

It could well be just you.

I almost always find homeless people very polite, grateful for any help and pretty dignified really.

There are a few exceptions, of course, maybe you met one of them.

I think it's one of the Devonshire Green street drinkers, They often sit outside lloyds too off their heads! Sad really

Not all beggers are homeless, for some it's a full time job, and earn thousands at it. these are the pushey ones.

Hi,

Without sounding too much like an idiot! I was at the cash machine outside sainsburys today on Division St and there was a homeless person begging outside right next to the cash machine. When he asked me if I had any money it was bloody obvious that I had as I'd just drawn some out and he saw me do it! When I got my phone out I checked the time but when I didn't give him any money he said "you can afford to keep an iPhone but can't afford to help the homeless" I didn't respond and walked off, I've noticed this more and more with the homeless and using spots next to cash machines to beg! Is it just me that finds it slightly intimidating?

The days of asking for a bit of loose change are long gone. Look at charity adverts on TV, they're all wanting fivers/tenners! Cheeky greedy gits.:P

I felt like reporting it to the Sainsburys store but don't want to come across like a horrible person!
What would Sainsburys do about it?

What would Sainsburys do about it?

They keep a mini forklift in most stores in order to remove undesirables from the pavements outside their stores to a more appropriate places as Jack Fulton's or Poundland.

They keep a mini forklift in most stores in order to remove undesirables from the pavements outside their stores to a more appropriate places as Jack Fulton's or Poundland.
They really are a step above Asda and Tesco aren't they?

Should have gone inside and bought him a drink.

Just lob your 'old fella' out whilst withdrawing your hard earned money and urinate on them, they'll appreciate the warmth in this weather

Should have gone inside and bought him a drink.

Chances are it's not a refreshing drink he's after :(