Begging on West Street/Division Street

Just for people to be aware, Thursday evening about 8PM, I was walking down West Street and I was approached by a male asking for change outside Dominos. When I told him no, he got quite aggressive. Granted he waited until I was halfway down the road to shout obscenities. I think it's because I didn't want to hear his sob story and told him I had no change before he'd finished.

Just so people know they're getting aggressive and don't be suckered in by the sob story!

I never am,I never give to beggers in town anymore because of the incident when man was exposed in Sheffield after his hard day with his dog begging he would return home and jump in his merc ................x

That part of town is always bad as the residents of the hostel at the bottom of Fitzwilliam Street flock to the Bargain Booze outlet. Walking past the hostel itself is often a bit of a gaunlet.

Round them up and shoot them.

Round them up and shoot them.

Never judge a man until you have worn his shoes and walked around in em!

I never am,I never give to beggers in town anymore because of the incident when man was exposed in Sheffield after his hard day with his dog begging he would return home and jump in his merc ................x

If I remember correctly in the mid 90s there was a guy begging in Sheffield he had a posh car and came all the way from the Bristol area it was so profitable.

If I remember correctly in the mid 90s there was a guy begging in Sheffield he had a posh car and came all the way from the Bristol area it was so profitable.

yep that's the one .I`m sure someone will post the link

So one or two guys is a well off guy posing as beggers and you dont give a dam to the other 10,000+?. A lot of people hit hit times and all they need is some muppet to push then down more. just give a few pounds and the world will go round

So one or two guys is a well off guy posing as beggers and you dont give a dam to the other 10,000+?. A lot of people hit hit times and all they need is some muppet to push then down more. just give a few pounds and the world will go round

Nope nope I donate to local charities .........x

If they are going to spend it on alcohol,tobacco,drugs instead of food then we would not be helping them would we.You would be better off giving the money to a charity to help the homeless.

Not my place to give them money.

---------- Post added 04-05-2013 at 09:42 ----------

Nope nope I donate to local charities .........x

Exactly what charity and welfare is for! He had decent clothes on and was washed! I'm fairly confident he wanted it for other reasons and wasn't homeless!

Not my place to give them money.

---------- Post added 04-05-2013 at 09:42 ----------

Exactly what charity and welfare is for! He had decent clothes on and was washed! I'm fairly confident he wanted it for other reasons and wasn't homeless!

well he certainly wasn`t homeless he lived a 4 bed detached house with security gates and the more ppl dish out money to these beggers the more they will beg Sorry If that sounds hard but Charity begins at home