Elite: Dangerous

So tomorrow is release date! Who has their copy? Any one fancing meeting in space and doing some capping together?

---------- Post added 15-12-2014 at 07:49 ----------

Are they planning to support the Oculus, à la EVR?

Yes Oculus support out of the box. Also track ir.

Been on my radar for a while so I grabbed it yesterday. Only flown a few missions in solo and I've still got to set up my TrackIR but it's pretty damn good so far. Incredibly immersive.

I bought this on PS4 a while back but cant for the life of me use it lol, i cant seem to be able to thrust off to start flyng, all the controls seem to work up/down/left/right etc, but cant seem to thrust off?

I bought this on PS4 a while back but cant for the life of me use it lol, i cant seem to be able to thrust off to start flyng, all the controls seem to work up/down/left/right etc, but cant seem to thrust off?

Yes Mel, I'd agree with you there. I bought it a while back too, but on Xbox One. The controls are a bit tricky at first to get used to. Bit of a learning curve! Try playing through the tutorials first, this should help.

Yes Mel, I'd agree with you there. I bought it a while back too, but on Xbox One. The controls are a bit tricky at first to get used to. Bit of a learning curve! Try playing through the tutorials first, this should help.

i cant, i cant fly, thats the thing, i cant take off lol

i cant, i cant fly, thats the thing, i cant take off lol

I'm guessing the controls are similar on PS4 as on Xbox. I use the right thumb stick, push it forward to thrust down & pull it back to thrust up. This can be reversed in settings. Hope that helps Mel.

I play Elite occasionally. I run a Python as a mining ship (void opals) and earned around 800 million credits in a week. 

At the minute I'm using a Type-10 Defender as a trade ship. 500 tons of cargo space comes in handy.