Stuart Hall arrested/charged/prosecuted

Its a proven fact and can easily be demonstrated, it only takes few seconds to create a memory of something you didn't see, read or do.

Its very unlikely that a memory from decades ago can be proved to be accurate or inaccurate, what evidence would you expect to find? I have memories from my child hood that are apparently inaccurate, I remember doing things that I am told I didn't do, there are also apparently things that I did that I have no memory of doing.

Again this demonstrates how you personal prejudice is clouding your views and leading you to an incorrect conclusion.

For some reason there seems to be a real unwillingness on the part of a tiny minority of people to accept that heinous offences like csa happen. An unwillingness that most likely would not happen if the offence was to do with dangerous driving for example.

I think what's particularly appaling about it is that victims will often blame themseves and carry with them a sense of shame, and guilt that can haunt them for a long time.... Not believing them just feeds into that.

Probably why references to 'false memory' as noxious, because very often with victims of csa it's not as if the thought needs implanting anyway, everyday events serve as a reminder of what happened.

---------- Post added 21-06-2013 at 11:26 ----------

Its a proven fact and can easily be demonstrated, it only takes few seconds to create a memory of something you didn't see, read or do.

Its very unlikely that a memory from decades ago can be proved to be accurate or inaccurate, what evidence would you expect to find? I have memories from my child hood that are apparently inaccurate, I remember doing things that I am told I didn't do, there are also apparently things that I did that I have no memory of doing.

Again this demonstrates how you personal prejudice is clouding your views and leading you to an incorrect conclusion.

And yet it's not see easy to see that someone willingly admits guilt to a crime that most sane people find abhorrent, that will probably result in him being shunned and despised for? :huh:

That's also a possibility, its possible to believe with 100% certainty that you didn't do something that you actually did.

[mod hat on]

And in this case there is absolutely no relevance to this argument. Victims have accused someone and he has admitted committing the crimes against them in a court of law, so that pretty much makes it a fact that the crimes did happen and that the accused committed them.

Move on, stop excusing sexually abusive behaviour.

[/mod hat off]

[mod hat on]

And in this case there is absolutely no relevance to this argument. Victims have accused someone and he has admitted committing the crimes against them in a court of law, so that pretty much makes it a fact that the crimes did happen and that the accused committed them.

Move on, stop excusing sexually abusive behaviour.

[/mod hat off]

So not definitely a fact then, which is what I've been saying and everyone else as been disagreeing with.

I have not excused sexually abusive behavior.

Again your problem is how you have interpreted the information, this is the very problem I have been highlighting, you are reading my posts and then your emotions, bias and prejudices are inserting information that isn't on the page, which leads you to the wrong conclusion.

---------- Post added 21-06-2013 at 07:16 ----------

Its very apparent you are incapable of understanding the point, we will just have to agree to disagree.

---------- Post added 21-06-2013 at 07:17 ----------

:loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy:

And its very apparent you are incapable of understanding Stuart Hall is a paedophile!

Most of the victims wasn't random strangers,they were daughters of friends,and he took advantage!

Does your defense stop there?,or does Saville and Glitter get the same support from you?

If Mr. Hall or any other person where there was a big age difference committed an offence with just one individual would they have been arrested and charged ?

So not definitely a fact then, which is what I've been saying and everyone else as been disagreeing with.

I have not excused sexually abusive behavior.

Enough of a fact to get him (IMO a pathetically short) custodial sentence.

Do you put the same effort in to disproving crimes other than child sexual offences? I'm asking directly because on this as well as another thread you're saying things that could be misconstrued.

There is no point continuing with a discussion with an individual who wishes to peddle the 'false memory' theory, for which he has provided not the slightest of evidence and a page from wiki about the american justice system, in a thread arising from the prosecution and the admitted guilt of a man who abused children and who can't understand why or accept anything that is suggesting he admitted the offences because what the many victims said he did to them was in fact true.

Enough of a fact to get him (IMO a pathetically short) custodial sentence.

Do you put the same effort in to disproving crimes other than child sexual offences? I'm asking directly because on this as well as another thread you're saying things that could be misconstrued.

I haven't put any effort into trying to disprove a crime.

I accept that because people are all unique some will misinterpret what they see and what they ear, some will create memories of things they didn't see or ear which its quite normal for us humans.

I accept that because people are all unique some will misinterpret what they see and what they ear, some will create memories of things they didn't see or ear which its quite normal for us humans.

But then it's highly unusual for several people to share the same 'false' memory about something that happened to them.

Ok for the sake of peace let's assume the following:

a) The criminal justice system is imperfect

b) There have been instances of innocent people pleading guilty

c) Hall isn't one of them.

c)Hall may or may not be one of them.

Given that you were offered a multiple choice you probably have a point that you didn't put much effort into disproving a crime.

Though your reply was sufficiently cryptic to cause a response which I now suspect is what you wanted.

And of course just in case there wasn't any doubt, your inference that as humans we all misunderstand things whist knowing the real damage caused by not believing victims of child sexual abuse gives it completion.

I was unsure as to whether your contributions were based on naivty, so I thought I'd give you the benefit of the doubt. But you seem to be aware of which posts to avoid answering directly and when to give just enough.

I think your either trolling, or your motive for excusing sexually abusive behaviour is nefarious. Either way your boundaries are ****ed.

Given that you were offered a multiple choice you probably have a point that you didn't put much effort into disproving a crime.

Though your reply was sufficiently cryptic to cause a response which I now suspect is what you wanted.

And of course just in case there wasn't any doubt, your inference that as humans we all misunderstand things whist knowing the real damage caused by not believing victims of child sexual abuse gives it completion.

I was unsure as to whether your contributions were based on naivty, so I thought I'd give you the benefit of the doubt. But you seem to be aware of which posts to avoid answering directly and when to give just enough.

I think your either trolling, or your motive for excusing sexually abusive behaviour is nefarious. Either way your boundaries are ****ed.

I concur with your judgement.

But then it's highly unusual for several people to share the same 'false' memory about something that happened to them.

No it isn't, as demonstrated by this topic, several of you all share the same false memory.

---------- Post added 21-06-2013 at 16:18 ----------

No idea what you are talking about, just to clarify, I haven't tried to defend anyone, therefor I haven't put any effort into defending anyone.

Edited by MrSmith