Stuart Hall arrested/charged/prosecuted

M'lord, if I can draw the juries attention to exhibit B75, an electronic document authored by MrSmith at 21:07 today, so less than two hours old.

In it MrSmith makes reference explicitly to his belief that Hall may be innocent.

Yet he now claims that he has not made excuses for guilty pedophiles.

I would contend that not only has he made excuses for guilty pedophiles he has done so repeatedly, not only in this case but others in such a manner that it is actually worrying and a reasonable person may draw inferences on his character and inclinations as a result of this pattern.

GUILTY as charged!

This post proves the point I have made, you have created a false memory of something I haven’t typed, it will be based on your own prejudices and bias. This is the problem when relying on memory to recall events of the past, it’s not always an accurate recollection, your error is just over a couple of hours just imagine the potential error when trying to recall events from decades ago.

What point???????

Just because you say the word "point" over and over,does not mean you have made a point!

This post proves the point I have made, you have created a false memory of something I haven’t typed, it will be based on your own prejudices and bias. This is the problem when relying on memory to recall events of the past, it’s not always an accurate recollection, your error is just over a couple of hours just imagine the potential error when trying to recall events from decades ago.

Making the assertion that a poster may suffer from memory recollection failure is a bit rich coming from two profiles which occasionally back-up their own assertions (talking to themselves)..No memory loss there when you have each other to remind yourselves.

I think you're a bit of a nutter who bandies around with words to feed your own ego. Take the internet away and you'd be even more dangerous.

Anyway..off for a shower, feel a bit grubby.

M'lord, if I can draw the juries attention to exhibit B75, an electronic document authored by MrSmith at 21:07 today, so less than two hours old.

In it MrSmith makes reference explicitly to his belief that Hall may be innocent.

Yet he now claims that he has not made excuses for guilty pedophiles.

I would contend that not only has he made excuses for guilty pedophiles he has done so repeatedly, not only in this case but others in such a manner that it is actually worrying and a reasonable person may draw inferences on his character and inclinations as a result of this pattern.

Again your problem is how you have interpreted the information, this is the very problem I have been highlighting, you are reading my posts and then your emotions, bias and prejudices are inserting information that isn't on the page, which leads you to the wrong conclusion.

---------- Post added 21-06-2013 at 07:16 ----------

What point???????

Just because you say the word "point" over and over,does not mean you have made a point!

Its very apparent you are incapable of understanding the point, we will just have to agree to disagree.

---------- Post added 21-06-2013 at 07:17 ----------

Making the assertion that a poster may suffer from memory recollection failure is a bit rich coming from two profiles which occasionally back-up their own assertions (talking to themselves)..No memory loss there when you have each other to remind yourselves.

I think you're a bit of a nutter who bandies around with words to feed your own ego. Take the internet away and you'd be even more dangerous.

Anyway..off for a shower, feel a bit grubby.

:loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy:

Or create false memories, its very common to have memories of events that didn't happen.

'False memory' is a controversial term in the field of therapy, but there is no evidence in the Stuart Hall case that this is applicable.

So if one of the victims asked you "do you accept without equivocation I was abused by the "man" Hall who has pleaded guilty to abusing me?" would you be able to answer in the affirmative?

From reading his contributions to this thread, it seems MrSmith is unwilling to accept that it took place, or how damaging it can be for victims not to be believed, even with Hall's guilty plea etc....

'False memory' is a controversial term in the field of therapy, but there is no evidence in the Stuart Hall case that this is applicable.

Its a proven fact and can easily be demonstrated, it only takes few seconds to create a memory of something you didn't see, read or do.

Its very unlikely that a memory from decades ago can be proved to be accurate or inaccurate, what evidence would you expect to find? I have memories from my child hood that are apparently inaccurate, I remember doing things that I am told I didn't do, there are also apparently things that I did that I have no memory of doing.

From reading his contributions to this thread, it seems MrSmith is unwilling to accept that it took place, or how damaging it can be for victims not to be believed, even with Hall's guilty plea etc....

Again this demonstrates how you personal prejudice is clouding your views and leading you to an incorrect conclusion.

Its a proven fact and can easily be demonstrated, it only takes few seconds to create a memory of something you didn't see, read or do.

Its very unlikely that a memory from decades ago can be proved to be accurate or inaccurate, what evidence would you expect to find? I have memories from my child hood that are apparently inaccurate, I remember doing things that I am told I didn't do, there are also apparently things that I did that I have no memory of doing.

Again this demonstrates how you personal prejudice is clouding your views and leading you to an incorrect conclusion.

Since when has your childhood and associated memories have anything to do with the memories of a grown adult?

MrSmith is a troll and a clown of the severest order.

Here he is arguing that while a woman remembers being abused at 9 years old, and while the abuser remembers doing it and has openly admitted it in court - in reality, it's all just a fantasy.

:rolleyes:

More likely deny an action over a period of time because of guilt. As well as creating you can also refuse or reject something which can be seen as abhorrent.

"Who me?" I would never do such a thing.

Yeah right.

Since when has your childhood and associated memories have anything to do with the memories of a grown adult?

Since they are memories and I am adult. :huh:

Here's another example for you, recently we have been viewing properties, we have looked at several properties over several months, my memory of each house is different to my wife's memory of each house, she remembers thing that I don't and I remember things that she doesn't, when we discuss the house we often disagree on which room belong to which house despite both looking at the houses at the same time and in the same order. This is the problem with memory, it can easily combine two completely separate events into one coherent event.

---------- Post added 21-06-2013 at 10:11 ----------

MrSmith is a troll and a clown of the severest order.

Here he is arguing that while a woman remembers being abused at 9 years old, and while the abuser remembers doing it and has openly admitted it in court - in reality, it's all just a fantasy.

:rolleyes:

Complete fiction created in your mind, you might even believe what you have typed despite it being complete nonsense. More evidence that the mind can and does get facts and fiction mixed into one memory.

Here's another example for you, recently we have been viewing properties

If a man jumped out of a wardrobe and tried to bum you, do you think you'd both accurately remember which house that was?

:)

More evidence that the mind can and does get facts and fiction mixed into one memory.

I remember going on holiday to Cyprus as a child. We went on a plane. Maybe that's a mistake though and my father really borrowed a flying carpet for the journey.

:)

More likely deny an action over a period of time because of guilt. As well as creating you can also refuse or reject something which can be seen as abhorrent.

"Who me?" I would never do such a thing.

Yeah right.

That's also a possibility, its possible to believe with 100% certainty that you didn't do something that you actually did.