Stuart Hall arrested/charged/prosecuted

I haven't suggested they are lying, that just in your head, you are letting your emotions run riot with common sense.

You have very clearly suggested they may be lying, otherwise why has your whole tack been that we don't know the guy is guilty of the offences he pled guilty to? Your entire argument hinges on saying to the victims "you may or may not be lying, we'll simply never know. He may or may not be guilty, we'll simply never know."

Makes you wonder why an innocent person would plead guilty to avoid that possibility.

No it doesn't, I have already provided you with the reason why some innocent people plead guilty, but sadly you can’t accept them because of your obvious emotional bias.

---------- Post added 20-06-2013 at 20:46 ----------

You have very clearly suggested they may be lying, otherwise why has your whole tack been that we don't know the guy is guilty of the offences he pled guilty to? Your entire argument hinges on saying to the victims "you may or may not be lying, we'll simply never know. He may or may not be guilty, we'll simply never know."

No it isn't, that's just your interpretation of the words I have typed, and your interpretation is based on your emotional bias.

No it doesn't, I have already provided you with the reason why some innocent people plead guilty, but sadly you can’t accept them because of your obvious emotional bias.

It's difficult to accept this position because it is so unlikely. In fact it smacks of someone who is desperately clutching at straws.

---------- Post added 20-06-2013 at 20:46 ----------

No it isn't, that's just your interpretation of the words I have typed, and your interpretation is based on your emotional bias.

So if one of the victims asked you "do you accept without equivocation I was abused by the "man" Hall who has pleaded guilty to abusing me?" would you be able to answer in the affirmative?

It's difficult to accept this position because it is so unlikely. In fact it smacks of someone who is desperately clutching at straws.

I’m not clutching at straws; all I have done is presented an alternative possibility to the assertion that because Hall pleaded guilty he must have committed the crimes he is accused of.

Ok for the sake of peace let's assume the following:

a) The criminal justice system is imperfect

b) There have been instances of innocent people pleading guilty

c) Hall isn't one of them.

I’m not clutching at straws; all I have done is presented an alternative possibility to the assertion that because Hall pleaded guilty he must have committed the crimes he is accused of.

It's a possibility that's highly unlikely though.

Ok for the sake of peace let's assume the following:

a) The criminal justice system is imperfect

b) There have been instances of innocent people pleading guilty

c) Hall isn't one of them.

c)Hall may or may not be one of them.

c)Hall may or may not be one of them.

Which gives the lie to your claim a few posts ago.

You are deliberately trying to excuse this child molestor and you should be ashamed of yourself.

Which gives the lie to your claim a few posts ago.

You are deliberately trying to excuse this child molestor and you should be ashamed of yourself.

No I am not, that’s just an emotional responds based on your bias, you are clearly to emotional to discuss this topic with any degree of reason.

No I am not, that’s just an emotional responds based on your bias, you are clearly to emotional to discuss this topic with any degree of reason.

What "bias" is it that you keep referring to? An empathy with the victims of abuse? A desire to see justice done? (which wasn't in this case as the sentance was pathetically lenient) What "bias" do I have that you feel you don't?

What "bias" is it that you keep referring to? An empathy with the victims of abuse? A desire to see justice done? (which wasn't in this case as the sentance was pathetically lenient) What "bias" do I have that you feel you don't?

An emotional bias is a distortion in cognition and decision making due to emotional factors.