Buzzards around Rother Valley etc

For the last few years I've been seeing these soaring nr todwick lights over Rother valley nr Aston fire station over Beighton etc this morning there was three of them over Beighton they seem very common now any one seen them

Edited by allwednesday

Saw one over S2 on a really hot day last summer, just riding the thermals.

Saw a buzzard in Barnsley area when we went to Old Moor RSPB site. Not noticed them around Sheffield but will be keeping an eye out now!

most be getting popular as they are on about being aloud too shoot them!

I can't see buzzards being put in the general licence. I hope not anyway, they are lovely to see.

A pair of buzzards frequent the football fields in Oughtibridge. As you walk the dogs,they fly from one set of goal post to the other. Magnificent to get up,so close to them.

They probably already are .

When I asked a game keeper he just said he did not care what had happened to the Buzzards as long as they were not around his patch.

They have been here for years and all over the place too.

I'm surprised how ignorant the general public are to our bird life. After all, it took the TV to high light the peregrines in the City centre. Just yesterday I saw a panicking magpie watching the sky for fear of being attacked.

As for the buzzards ....... they followed the warmer weather and arrived from the continent............... the benefits of climate change for you!

They have been here for years and all over the place too.

I'm surprised how ignorant the general public are to our bird life. After all, it took the TV to high light the peregrines in the City centre. Just yesterday I saw a panicking magpie watching the sky for fear of being attacked.

As for the buzzards ....... they followed the warmer weather and arrived from the continent............... the benefits of climate change for you!

I agree i saw a buzzard over S2 20 years ago !, And i see them most days in dronfield above frith wood.

For the last few years I've been seeing these soaring nr todwick lights over Rother valley nr Aston fire station over Beighton etc this morning there was three of them over Beighton they seem very common now any one seen them

Yep i saw them yesterday,I work at dinnington.They hunt the woods around Ulley and Treeton ,I see them often.Yesterday there was actually four birds present (two pairs).

I know they nest out towards Bawtry but not sure if they nest any closer to sheffield yet(on this side of the city).

While we are talking birds of prey,I saw a red kite last week soaring over Dinnington,giving excellent views.Even my workmates were impressed looking at it,which takes some doing because usually they take the mickey out of me and call me a twitcher.

hmmm one Direction are popular (drums fingers)

I agree i saw a buzzard over S2 20 years ago !, And i see them most days in dronfield above frith wood.

Yes I get out and about all over sheffield etc and I have seen them over callywhite lane a few months ago.

---------- Post added 03-05-2013 at 13:18 ----------

Yep i saw them yesterday,I work at dinnington.They hunt the woods around Ulley and Treeton ,I see them often.Yesterday there was actually four birds present (two pairs).

I know they nest out towards Bawtry but not sure if they nest any closer to sheffield yet(on this side of the city).

While we are talking birds of prey,I saw a red kite last week soaring over Dinnington,giving excellent views.Even my workmates were impressed looking at it,which takes some doing because usually they take the mickey out of me and call me a twitcher.

Last bank holiday travelling to Wetherby on the M1 we spotted some red kites , bit of a distraction to my driving actually , the wife continued to see them for at least 5 miles in that neck of the woods . It was a first for me i've never seen them before hope i see some more around rother valley. Another spectacular sight , lapwings in flight and nesting near Morrisons at Catcliffe.

I'll tell you where they are if you are interested. Up retford road turn right past the old Asda , follow the new-ish road that takes you towards Catcliffe, there is a new housing development on your right . If you park up anywhere round there you should see them . Spectacular in flight as you will probably know.

Cheers

Edited by allwednesday