Aquarium shops in/near Sheffield

Does anyone know of any good ones that care about the fish that they sell? I've got some fish fry that I'm thinking of giving to shops. I've only been to 1 aquarium shop around here and that was in Hillsborough. Some of the fish in the tanks had been dead for so long that they were rotting. When I pointed this out to the owner he spoke to me like dirt and it was clear that he couldn't care less about the fish :huh:

Unfortunately most of them have shut down and the ones that are left are not too good, try svas.co.uk I'm sure you would be able to find someone interested in your fry

Good luck

The fish i've had from Sheffield Aquatics have been fine, whereas the ones from Jollyes have been rubbish. Last 3 i had, female gourami, clown loach and and a plec have all died, whilst all the SA fish are doing fine a year on.

what fry are they as i can maybe swap you for some that i have?

My neighbour always used Wentworth Garden Centre. Haven't been for a while but they used to have a large pets and aquatics section.

if you are willing to travel a bit then try:

south yorksire aquatics great north road bawtry

maidenhead aquatics at the dukeries

wentworth garden centre

wharf aquatics pinxton nr mansfield

mastin moor aquatics

Elm lane aquatics, Ken is lovely, very knowledgeable and really cares. His tanks are immaculate.

Why not go in to the pet section in this forum and offer them there, i'm sure you would get a good response (unless the fry are convict Cichlids :hihi: )

I'm after a few Limia Nigrofasciatus if anyone has any going spare :thumbsup:

Cheers, Biggsy :)

if you are willing to travel a bit then try:

south yorksire aquatics great north road bawtry

maidenhead aquatics at the dukeries

wentworth garden centre

wharf aquatics pinxton nr mansfield

mastin moor aquatics

wharf aquatics is the only shop I'll buy from. Wayne and all the staff there are incredibly knowledgeable and care a great deal about there live stock. So much so he'll talk you out of purchasing any fish that are incompatible. Unlike other places that just see the £ signs.

wharf aquatics is the only shop I'll buy from. Wayne and all the staff there are incredibly knowledgeable and care a great deal about there live stock. So much so he'll talk you out of purchasing any fish that are incompatible. Unlike other places that just see the £ signs.

Have they still got the Caiman, or has it eaten all the staff?

Great place for all aquarium stuff or reptiles etc.