The Sheffield DeLorean

They are not actually as expensive as you would expect.............you can pick one up for sub £20K.

The build quality is appalling though.

They are not actually as expensive as you would expect.............you can pick one up for sub £20K.

Not over here you can't.

I know for a fact that a friend of mine who is a classic car dealer (based in West Yorks) sold on just before last Christmas for £19,500. It wasn't the best example I've ever seen , but it was a good, usable car that didn't need a lot spending on it to make it really nice.

The post above yours links to an ad for one only just over £20K.

They're not expensive but neither are they classic cars. If they hasn't appeared in the Back to the Future movies they'd probably be adorning some '100 Worst Cars' list

Posted from Sheffieldforum.co.uk App for Android

I have 200 plus classic and unusual cars booked in for the lowedges festival sun august 11th any chance one or both are available on that date then we can all see the free,does

anyone know who they are,and be good enough to tell them thanks bassett one

You're not wrong.

These cars were hyped beyond all recognition.

The futuristic design was all it had going for it.

When the company went bust back in the eighties, the cars were sold at British Car Auctions at Brighouse.

I went with a friend of mine who wanted to buy one, I forget how much he paid for it, but after owning it for a short time he had that much trouble with it he got rid.

It was brand new when he bought it.

Watching a documentary on DeLorean last night, I recalled seeing the car in the late 1970s at a garage forecourt on the Abbeydale road.  I recall going up to the car and warned against touching the stainless steel body. The first car rolled off the production line in 1981 but the prototype was doing the rounds in 1977. It wouldn’t have been unlikely to have been in Sheffield as the body panels were made from Sheffield steel. I can’t find any reference to anyone seeing the car there, so my recollections may be playing tricks but curious to know if anyone can help with this. However it is such a distinctive car and know the time period is correct.

Surprised to learn that Colin Chapman was a bit iffy and that a judge had said (had Chapman survived) he would have sentenced him to ten years .