The Sheffield DeLorean

When I worked in the city centre - up to March 2020 - I sometimes walked home from work & used to regularly see a DeLorean parked on Holdings Road (I think?) - off Granville Road.  Might still be there now?

Edited by GleadlessLad

5 hours ago, GleadlessLad said:

When I worked in the city centre - up to March 2020 - I sometimes walked home from work & used to regularly see a DeLorean parked on Holdings Road (I think?) - off Granville Road.  Might still be there now?

It was still there when the StreetView camera went by.

https://goo.gl/maps/aGHMhs4FxCvLT3rv7

I used to pick my Son up on Holdings Road up till around Feb last year and I saw it often. 

On 13/02/2021 at 09:59, sadbrewer said:

The chances of that being caught must be similar odds to winning the lottery!!

I'm not so sure.  Looking at the pictures back to 2008, doesn't look like it moves.

Does anybody remember a car showroom on Abbeydale Road around 1982 selling them new? 

On 15/02/2021 at 12:32, soopah said:

I'm not so sure.  Looking at the pictures back to 2008, doesn't look like it moves.

I've now found some photos I took of it, in Dec 2018 & checked the reg. no. on the DVLA website.  Good to see that it's currently tested to Oct 2021 & taxed to Sept 2021 (as it should be, parked on a public road of course) - so it's obviously roadworthy, which is great.

The MOT history goes back to 2006 & indicates that it's constantly had a valid MOT since at least then, although it's only covered 800 miles during the last 14 years!

Edited by GleadlessLad