A warning Morrisons Halfway

Warning about Morrison’s at Halfway. I went in with my daughter to do the weekly shopping last weekend, she went to the baby changing toilets as they have a child’s toilet and sink in there. When she went to wash her hands, the water was so hot it scalded her and she ended up with blisters, you could even see spots where the water had splashed her. Just to point out this is specifically a child’s sink which is at a child’s level with teddy bear tiles around it, I do feel stupid for not checking the water temperature first but I think because it was a child’s sink and there were not any hot water signs I presumed it was safe; certainly not so unsafe as to leave her with blisters.

I have reported it to the store but I have just been informed that the action they have taken in the last ten days is to check the water with their hands, they do not feel it is too hot; and also they have asked the health and safety people to attend (obviously not urgently as it is 10 days later and the sink is still in use exactly as it was when my daughter was scalded).

I would have thought that they would have done something sooner given that it’s a child’s sink, I called head office after the local shop had said this and head office were not interested they just said it was a matter for the shop.

So just a warning if you have young children, I would not let them anywhere near the children’s facilities. I am really shocked at their disregard for children’s safety. They saw my daughter’s hands afterwards and marked down on their accident form that she had blisters and still they are trying to say the water is an acceptable temperature even trying to say that that it is not that hot!!!

Are you sure it is not because a complaint can take within 14 days to get back to you.

Yes I telephoned the store and asked whether what the health and safety had said and thats when they said that they had checked it with their hands and did not think it was even that hot and that they had not come yet, they might come next week.

I then called head office as I did not think this was very good and was just told it was a matter for the store to deal with, they were completely not interested!

Oh,right.Thought it was a letter that you had read it from.Maybe someone had left the tap running and the person in before you had turned it off, moments before your daughter used it and copped for a load of hot water,so could have been just a one off.Im only guessing though.

I feel nit picky..... but you say it was your daughter who went into the toilet, then you say, "I do feel stupid for not checking the water temperature first". How could you have checked the water, if it was your daughter who went in there?

I feel nit picky..... but you say it was your daughter who went into the toilet, then you say, "I do feel stupid for not checking the water temperature first". How could you have checked the water, if it was your daughter who went in there?

She did not say that she waited outside for her daughter either.

She also described the tiles with teddy bears on them and an absence of hot water signs.:loopy:

Go on lads, take her apart !!!

<<<facepalm>>>

My daughter is three so I always go in the toilet with her. They are laid out so there is a cublicle for breast feeding a cubicle with a child's toilet and then outside there is a changing mat and an adult and child sink.

I think there may well have been someone in running it before hand, but I know at my daughter''s nursery they have thermostats on the children's sinks to stop them from getting too hot.

would you be able to post a pic of what your daughters hands looked like after this happened? Just wondering...?

would you be able to post a pic of what your daughters hands looked like after this happened? Just wondering...?

All i can think to say is, Why?

sounds like she trying to get a few £££££££££££££££££££££££££££ out of morrisons just collect the weekley vouchers like everyone els lol

I do apologise, because I misinterpreted the OP. I assumed it was a Mother, Daughter, Grandaughter situation. I thought the OP had gone with her daughter shopping, and her daughter brought her daughter to the toilet....... Jeez. That probably makes even less sense. But, yes. I do apologise because I understand now that you're right to be annoyed.