Race for life 2013

hi, race for life this year for Sheffield says it will be held at meadowhall? does this mean it will be in the shopping centre or not? It really confused me! if anyone knows I'd be grateful if you could shed some light on this.. thankyou.

It's going to be based around the roads in the Meadowhall area, not in the actual shopping centre as far as im aware.

Urgh!

I've not signed up this year to do it, but I don't think I would fancy running around Murderhell, so pretty glad I've not bothered! It is basically an industrial area with nothing for spectators to do and the only cafes are all inside in the noisy hellhole that they call the Oasis.

It was lovely when it has been in the city center as you could take mates along and then join them outside for a drink and meal afterwards. I wonder what has possessed them to run it around Murderhell? The only thing I can think of is that it is flat so maybe a little easier for people.

Me and a friend have elected to do the 5k at Clumber Park instead. Nicer scenery! Its at 10.30 on 22 June for the 10k, and 14:30 the same day for the 5k.

Now to be a little cheeky.... If anyone would be kind enough to donate a few quid for a fantastic cause, they can do at http://www.raceforlifesponsorme.org/tessagwynne

I aim to do it in about 40 minutes, which for an asthmatic who was in ICU last September because of her breathing, it would be brilliant!

Thank you :)

We've also decided to do the clumber park one this year so will be nicer scenery, every female should sign up today!

Terrible decision to have it out there. Obvious ploy to get lasses shopping after.

I`ve loved the atmosphere in the City Centre after the R4L. OH doesn`t want to do it now it`s moved.

We've also decided to do the clumber park one this year so will be nicer scenery, every female should sign up today!

Are you doing the 10k or 5k? :)

Ridiculous. It even starts in the central oasis bit before a tour of the car-park.

Used to be a great event to watch in our city centre with an uplifting atmosphere that lasted through the day. Now it`s a warm-up for shopping just off the M1.

Does anybody know which car parks will be in use? thanks

Race for life in the city centre had such a good atmosphere!!

The only car park that will be open is the pink one i.e marks and sparks entrance all the others will be closed from 8.00 till 11.30 as the roads will be closed.