Does God Exist?

I am a man. How many ribs should I have?

How peckish are you.

And how much BBQ sauce is available?

Edited by Vague_Boy
Missing word

Lovely answer.

Brief and to the point, but says it all. Don't rise to an argument.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Ignore Grahame. It's not his fault he's <personal insult removed> and deluded. In every post he made in this thread he speaks as if what he says is 100% fact when it is, in fact, utter <swearing removed>.

We can say with utmost certainty that just because we knew nothing about our own existence thousands of years ago that there must be a God? That is the biggest load of horse <swearing removed> I've ever read on this subject.

The Bible get's everything right? It's just a BOOK. Nobody has physical evidence that it wasn't just written by some guy for <swearing removed> and giggles.

People like you are so unbelievable Grahame. Insisting that God exists and completely ignoring the fact that there isn't a shred of evidence to support it. The Bible doesn't count as evidence, it never has. The fact we don't know much about our existence isn't proof. It's nothing.

There is more evidence supporting the possibility that we evolved from apes than there is that we were created by a deity. Remains have been recovered of apes at stages of evolution where-by they were changing from walking on all fours to just their 2 back legs permanently.

Science has done more to discover human roots than any religion or faith ever has. Science > Religion.

I'm with the guy who stated that 'God' is just an idea. That couldn't be closer to the truth.

And the ultimate question for you Grahame, which has probably already been asked of you, is if 'God' created us, who created God?

And don't come back with some nonsensical response like "he was formed into the fabric of the universe to give birth to our world."

Edited by esme
insults and swearing removed

Grahame, I recommend you have a read of this book. You may find it very interesting and at the same time learn a lot of how what you think you know based on stories in the bible is actually just a collection of fairy tales woven together from bits and pieces of myths from various different cultures, re-written to fit the monotheistic view that suited the agenda of the writers.

Does god exist? No-one actually knows

Where is the proof? Theres isn't any - but how would you go about trying to produce a scientific (presumably) proof of the existance of a supernatural being?

God is not a little man in the sky or giant bodiless head that invents light on a wednesday at about 2 o'clock in the afternoon.

God might be energy in which case the jedi are the one true religion!

My point is (always) the same: there IS no proof, not in anything you look at or see or do.

But everyone is entitled to believe in whatever gives them happiness and that's absolutely great!

But making claims (that cannot be verified) as though they are fact, that's simply wrong!

how would you go about trying to produce a scientific (presumably) proof of the existance of a supernatural being?

That depends on the claims being made for that supernatural being.

We can never disprove the existence of a god, or gods, for which no specific claims are made. However, the reason that flamingjimmy can say that the god of the abrahamic religions "definitely doesn't exist" is because quite specific claims are made about that version of god that are testable.

If genuine research was to show that prayers actually work, and specifically that it was only Muslim prayers over Christian prayers or whatever, then I would give serious consideration to the truth of that religion.

Do we have any proof of God, if we use the Bible as a yardstick men should have 1 less rib than women untrue.

Ho saw Adam eat the apple with Eve and wrote it down. Is there one shread of evidence to back up the old testiment or indeed the new testiment.

I think not

NO totally made up in my opinion, to ensure the human race try and stick to a script made up to ensure we stay on the straight and narrow

no proof EVER

Does god exist? No-one actually knows

Where is the proof? Theres isn't any - but how would you go about trying to produce a scientific (presumably) proof of the existance of a supernatural being?

The supernatural being in question might actually do something. Then there would be an event that could not be explained by natural means. As there are no supernatural beings of any description, this will never happen.

Ignore Grahame. It's not his fault he's <personal insult removed> and deluded. In every post he made in this thread he speaks as if what he says is 100% fact when it is, in fact, utter <swearing removed>.

We can say with utmost certainty that just because we knew nothing about our own existence thousands of years ago that there must be a God? That is the biggest load of horse <swearing removed> I've ever read on this subject.

The Bible get's everything right? It's just a BOOK. Nobody has physical evidence that it wasn't just written by some guy for <swearing removed> and giggles.

People like you are so unbelievable Grahame. Insisting that God exists and completely ignoring the fact that there isn't a shred of evidence to support it. The Bible doesn't count as evidence, it never has. The fact we don't know much about our existence isn't proof. It's nothing.

There is more evidence supporting the possibility that we evolved from apes than there is that we were created by a deity. Remains have been recovered of apes at stages of evolution where-by they were changing from walking on all fours to just their 2 back legs permanently.

Science has done more to discover human roots than any religion or faith ever has. Science > Religion.

I'm with the guy who stated that 'God' is just an idea. That couldn't be closer to the truth.

And the ultimate question for you Grahame, which has probably already been asked of you, is if 'God' created us, who created God?

And don't come back with some nonsensical response like "he was formed into the fabric of the universe to give birth to our world."

I will answer the question I highlighted and then I will leave you all to it.

The Bible says, "In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth."

I take that to mean there was a beginning. You are asking who created God which is infinite regression. It is neither scientific or Biblical, and by the way all science books are books :loopy:.

You will be talking about turtles next so I'm going to leave you to it. I can't be bothered any more.

Edited by esme
insults and swearing removed

Tolkien's Silmarillion has the creation of Middle Earth in intricate detail, but no one thinks that is real (well, all but a few people).

Just because it is written does NOT make it true for everyone!

The News of the World could learn a lot from that last sentence! :P

Science books differ from the Bible in that they contain evidence which can be demonstrated and repeated. Sure. It could contain wrong information, but an important part of science is questioning the nature of reality.

I don't mind anyone believing in whatever they wish - but it's when information is misrepresented as fact that I have a serious problem. Which is why I posted on yet another religion thread.