Blades v Yeovil Friday 3rd May 19:45pm KO

Brentford would not want to play UTD in the semi finals because UTD are an unstoppable force in the semi final playoffs.

The fact is they cannot do it when it counts.

Look at the teams they lost too

Loss at home to Hartlepool

Lose 3 - 0 to Portsmouth

Even if they'd won those 2 games they'd have another 6 points and I'm sure there are some other shockers along they way this season.

If UTD played Hartlepool in the finals, they'd lose to freak incident, something like dog runs on to pitch, goalkeeper goes to stroke dog, hartlepool stiker hits ball, ball bounces back off the post, bounces off the dog, via the goalies backside and into the net.

Utd would then try to blame the ref for not giving the dog a red card

haha great post.

---------- Post added 30-04-2013 at 11:53 ----------

I was told brentford have a similar record to utd when it comes to playoffs. I'd look it up but frankly cant be bothered. Personally i cant predict whos gonna go up via these playoffs. cant predict who the finalists will be, i think playing the 2nd leg away will probably benefit united though.

Didnt Brentford get a penalty in the last minute against Doncaster to get an easy path to the championship and we all know what happened there

They also missed one against the Blades.

They also missed one against the Blades.

id like to see a penalty shootout between utd and brentford in the final then. could last longer than the previous 120 minutes played :hihi:

id like to see a penalty shootout between utd and brentford in the final then. could last longer than the previous 120 minutes played :hihi:

That was the longest 120 + minutes of my life and I am not joking

Both legs are on Sky. First leg 7.45 Friday, Second leg 1.30 on Monday 6th.

---------- Post added 28-04-2013 at 22:58 ----------

We lost in the semi in 1988 though, I think that was the first year of the play offs and the team 3rd from bottom of division 2 ( us ) as it was then took part rather than the 6th placed team in the league below. I think we may lose in the semi this time on penalties, we've never done that before! Possibly after two 0 0 draws. Hopefully we'll play like we did against Swindon and prove me wrong though.

Yes we did to Brizzle City, but I should have put in their current format, back then it was an experiment. All we can do fella is cross everything, I went to both the Brizzle games.

---------- Post added 30-04-2013 at 12:27 ----------

Friend of mine is a Brentford fan and is happy the way the draw has panned out.

Sheffied Utd should easily get past Yeovil and wouldn't be suprised if they give Yeovil a 5-0 hammering in one of the legs, that will mean Sheff Utd get to the finals and should provide an easy path for Brentford to get into the Championship. We all know what happens when Utd get to the finals

Your friend who is a Brentford fan then is a dope, 5 seconds from promotion Trotta goes against the managers words on who takes pen, and misses, costing them promotion. Sorry but Yeovil won't be easy, just as Swindon won't be, and don't forget Brentford will be the most deflated, knowing they messed up with LAST kick of game really.

the first playoff format was that united 3rd from bottom of div 2 played bristol city 3rd from top of div 3 home and away,blades to try and stay in the league city to try and get promoted .blades lost and went down city came up.carl shutt scored at the lane for city and joe jordan was thier manager.another bad day.

I thought Bristol City lost in the final, 2 legged affair in those days but I may be wrong. I can't remember who to.

---------- Post added 30-04-2013 at 17:44 ----------

Friend of mine is a Brentford fan and is happy the way the draw has panned out.

Sheffied Utd should easily get past Yeovil and wouldn't be suprised if they give Yeovil a 5-0 hammering in one of the legs, that will mean Sheff Utd get to the finals and should provide an easy path for Brentford to get into the Championship. We all know what happens when Utd get to the finals

You must be the only person in the world who wouldn't be surprised if Sheffield United score 5 goals in one match. I assume you haven't seen them much this season, we've scored 4 goals in total in the last 7 home games.

I thought Bristol City lost in the final, 2 legged affair in those days but I may be wrong. I can't remember who to.

Lots of people say to Charlton, what is true is that our defeat to them relegated us :mad:

How crazy was that idea???:loopy::loopy:

Your not good enough for this league..just, but you can play teams who aren't yet good enough for this league, just, and if,(as expected) you win, you get to sray up????

very very strange.

I really can't read this,I may give it a go after a few can's tonight lol.

Thanks to all united fans for their good wishes to my team Rotherham. I live in Sheff now but my team are Rotherham but my second team are the blades and always want them to do well - so best of luck in the play offs - i may go down to the lane on Fri and watch. Ive got a good feeling about them in the play offs this year - theyre not playing well and the expectation isnt there after past disappointments but thats sometimes the recipe for success.

Good luck Blades - this Rotherham fan is rooting for you and am sure plenty of other Rotherham fans are too -there is a bit of a United following amongst Rotherham fans- think mine dates back to when Porterfield left us in 1981 to go to Bramall Lane and he built a fab team and because it was him i always looked to see how he got on at the Blades and ever since then ive looked for their result and rooted for them. I loved it when they were the top side in Sheff for a few years in the Championship and the premiership. Warnock certainly knew how to win the Sheffield derby games !!! Good luck Blades !!!

Cheers pal and congratulations on your promotion.

---------- Post added 30-04-2013 at 18:06 ----------

Lets be honest can you see united doing it??? As on of my previous posts

United don't want to go up it will cost them too much cash in all areas ,how many players for utd are up to the mark in the championship il tell you none

So new players wanted,big wages required, ect

stay where they are in the dumplings league and the board are happy with 16000 home gates paying nothing out ,tell you now before a ball is kicked utd will blow it yet again yet you blades fans still don't get it you will still turn up

Parting with your hard earned cash ;)

er.....isn't this what a football supporters life is all about? Players come and players go, managers come and go, supporters are there for life? or is it different if you support someone else??

Everyone has a choice and I respect that persons choice. Not everyone can go to watch football, for various reasons, and it is no longer a cheap hobby for the average fan.

One of the S6 lad on here, Titanic, has said he has decided not to buy a season ticket for next year, as the football this year at Hillsborough has not been good enough, and so he will spend that money on something else. I have no problem with that, it's his choice.

I have already bought my season ticket for Bramall Lane for next term, I bought it on the day it was available, because that is how I choose to spend my Saturday afternoons, home and away.

You shouldn't have a go at football fans for supporting their team.

Cheers pal and congratulations on your promotion.

I have already bought my season ticket for Bramall Lane for next term, I bought it on the day it was available, because that is how I choose to spend my Saturday afternoons, home and away.

You shouldn't have a go at football fans for supporting their team.

Still reckon you are a part timer Uncle Grappler ...Only seeing half a match against Preston and Orient :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

Still reckon you are a part timer Uncle Grappler ...Only seeing half a match against Preston and Orient :hihi::hihi::hihi::hihi:

That's below the belt CB!!!! :hihi:

That's below the belt CB!!!! :hihi:

hahahahaha Couldn't resist pal ;)