Blades v Yeovil Friday 3rd May 19:45pm KO

+1

It would be great if we were both in the Championship.

Would be great if they were both in the premiership!

Its the boost this city needs!

Right, predictions for the L1 POSF...

Blades 0-0 Yeovil

Swindon 2-0 Brentford

Yeovil 0-1 Blades

Brentford 1-0 Swindon

Swindon v Blades final, and we will find a new way to lose a final... we've done last minute winner (Palace); battered and miss a pen (Wolves); not turning up after selling best player (Burnley); and penalty shoot out (Udders). Unless we break the duck and actually try and score in the final this time, with our fearsome* forward line...

*Kitson and Porter would probably be fearsome against a team of oompah loompahs... :D

"so please don't discount them " !!!! At the home match we didn't have an attempt on goal, which takes some doing over 90 mins. Lost 0-2 I think. So no, I won't "discount them"

Yes they are a little club, and I mean little that's what I meant by discounting them they were one of the favourites to go down, so have surpassed all expectations. What I'm saying is just because it's Yeovil they don't want to go into game thinking already at Wembley.

Despite all the negativity about us we've got to click just at the right time, this could be the right time, who knows.

I for one am not looking forward to Friday or Monday, as in all honesty I can see us going away trying to play catch up, god I hope they prove me wrong.

Our P Off semi final record is awesome, it's the final that's rank, not trying to tempt fate we've been in this is our 6th since 97 and only lost one, I hope that's still the case. 97, 98, 03, 09,12 & 13

COYRAWW

Keeping Yeovil to a score of nil over the two legs looks a pretty optimistic prediction to me so unless United find a way of putting it in the back of the net they might find it hard going.

Just get to the Lane and get behind the lads ....Wish i could be there but i will be in spirit and will be kicking every ball as always.

Think i might even get a live stream over here , is it on Sky ?

Just get to the Lane and get behind the lads ....Wish i could be there but i will be in spirit and will be kicking every ball as always.

Think i might even get a live stream over here , is it on Sky ?

Both legs are on Sky. First leg 7.45 Friday, Second leg 1.30 on Monday 6th.

---------- Post added 28-04-2013 at 22:58 ----------

Yes they are a little club, and I mean little that's what I meant by discounting them they were one of the favourites to go down, so have surpassed all expectations. What I'm saying is just because it's Yeovil they don't want to go into game thinking already at Wembley.

Despite all the negativity about us we've got to click just at the right time, this could be the right time, who knows.

I for one am not looking forward to Friday or Monday, as in all honesty I can see us going away trying to play catch up, god I hope they prove me wrong.

Our P Off semi final record is awesome, it's the final that's rank, not trying to tempt fate we've been in this is our 6th since 97 and only lost one, I hope that's still the case. 97, 98, 03, 09,12 & 13

COYRAWW

We lost in the semi in 1988 though, I think that was the first year of the play offs and the team 3rd from bottom of division 2 ( us ) as it was then took part rather than the 6th placed team in the league below. I think we may lose in the semi this time on penalties, we've never done that before! Possibly after two 0 0 draws. Hopefully we'll play like we did against Swindon and prove me wrong though.

Lets be honest can you see united doing it??? As on of my previous posts

United don't want to go up it will cost them too much cash in all areas ,how many players for utd are up to the mark in the championship il tell you none

So new players wanted,big wages required, ect

stay where they are in the dumplings league and the board are happy with 16000 home gates paying nothing out ,tell you now before a ball is kicked utd will blow it yet again yet you blades fans still don't get it you will still turn up

Parting with your hard earned cash ;)

Both legs are on Sky. First leg 7.45 Friday, Second leg 1.30 on Monday 6th.

---------- Post added 28-04-2013 at 22:58 ----------

We lost in the semi in 1988 though, I think that was the first year of the play offs and the team 3rd from bottom of division 2 ( us ) as it was then took part rather than the 6th placed team in the league below. I think we may lose in the semi this time on penalties, we've never done that before! Possibly after two 0 0 draws. Hopefully we'll play like we did against Swindon and prove me wrong though.

Let me get this straight, the 3rd bottom team took part in the playoffs for the league below?????

Serious question too.:thumbsup:

Let me get this straight, the 3rd bottom team took part in the playoffs for the league below?????

Serious question too.:thumbsup:

Yes that was the first format.

Yes that was the first format.

How crazy was that idea???:loopy::loopy:

Your not good enough for this league..just, but you can play teams who aren't yet good enough for this league, just, and if,(as expected) you win, you get to sray up????

very very strange.

How crazy was that idea???:loopy::loopy:

Your not good enough for this league..just, but you can play teams who aren't yet good enough for this league, just, and if,(as expected) you win, you get to sray up????

very very strange.

the first playoff format was that united 3rd from bottom of div 2 played bristol city 3rd from top of div 3 home and away,blades to try and stay in the league city to try and get promoted .blades lost and went down city came up.carl shutt scored at the lane for city and joe jordan was thier manager.another bad day.

Friend of mine is a Brentford fan and is happy the way the draw has panned out.

Sheffied Utd should easily get past Yeovil and wouldn't be suprised if they give Yeovil a 5-0 hammering in one of the legs, that will mean Sheff Utd get to the finals and should provide an easy path for Brentford to get into the Championship. We all know what happens when Utd get to the finals

Didnt Brentford get a penalty in the last minute against Doncaster to get an easy path to the championship and we all know what happened there