NHS jobs and careers open day 25th April - a waste of time

Just been to the NHS open day with the hopes of handing out cvs and getting a job - I have never been so disappointed in all my life.

For starters, it was packed, you could'nt move for people. We were told to talk to members of the NHS - who just kept repeating apply online and took no cvs. Whats the point of going to an open day only to be told to apply online when thousands of people are already doing that? So much for jobs and apprenticeships. I could have stayed at home and appiled online.

Did anyone else go to the open day? And if so, what were your thoughts?

hi work in the nhs you can only apply via website now as you said went on a course at college nhs employability first run by job center duno if they still do this .

http://www.jobs.nhs.uk/

An open day is for you to ask questions and gain info

It sounds like you assumed that attending the open day would give you an advantage.

What did the description of the event offer for attendees?

What did you expect from the open day as I would feedback to them?

I believe every jobs in the NHS is advertised on the NHS jobs website, so you wouldn't be able to just hand in a CV.

You don't go to an open day to dish out CV's and apply for a job, you said yourself the place was packed - there'd be an absolute mountain of paper at the end of the day.