Nursery from age 3, not term after birthday

I've just been told some nurseries take kids from immediately after their 3rd birthday

Does anybody know of any in/near Woodhouse/Beighton/Handsworth?

I thought all nurseries took on children the term after their third birthday...there's January,April & September intakes. My daughter was 3 in December & started in January.my friends daughter was 3 in January & she just started with the April intake.

I thought that too... until a nursery school teacher told me about an hour ago that her setting takes them from their birthday, not the term after

Nurseries will take children from any age, but the government funding starts the term after their third birthday. My daughter was 3 on 19th March, so her funding started after easter.

I was gutted to find out its the term AFTER they are 3. Thought my daughter would get her 3 free mornings from her birthday last week, but the cut off is end of march and so she doesn't qualify until september!! I've never heard of a nursery that gives the free places from age 3.

Nurseries will take children from any age, but the government funding starts the term after their third birthday. My daughter was 3 on 19th March, so her funding started after easter.

Private nurseries will, not school ones. Also, if it's not private, the child usually has to be potty trained.

Our school is the term after 3, but if there's not too many in the class they will sneak one or two in early. Shhh, I didn't tell you that ;)

The funding will not be paid from Sheffield Council until the term after their 3rd birthday.

My daughter was 3 in March and she just started last week. Although I was told it was depending if a place was available. If places were low and a child applied who was 3 in January or February they would've taken preference.

H should be able to start Strix, Our 2 were born in the same week, Were they not??? Give your nearest nursery a call and ask them. If they say no because places are full try the next nearest. XX