I need Help ..please

I moved in Sheffield almost a month ago and I don't know anyone here.

I have to fill my SIA License application and I can't because I need a UK passport holder to be my counter signatory and sign my photo as a witness that I'm the one in the photo and no one else.

Any good Samaritans are welcome to pm.

Thank you.

P.s

This is what they need

Counter-signatory

Your photograph should be counter-signed and dated on the back in blue or black ink by a UK passport holder. Details of the person signing the photograph will need to be provided in section C of the application form. By signing and dating the photograph the counter-signatory is agreeing that the photograph is of you. Please note: your counter-signatory should not be a relative or member of your family.

If the photograph is not signed and dated by the counter-signatory, or their full name and address, UK passport number and telephone number is not given, we will need to return your application form.

Please call our contact centre for advice if you are applying from overseas and you are unable to obtain a counter-signature from a UK passport holder.

Do you not have a colleague or landlord to sight it for you?

I tried to ask and they said no cos they think that they should know me first for some period of time while the SIA says you don't need to know him at all.

Your GP will normally do this for a small fee.

Do you not have a job / go to uni / job centre? Anyone from any of these would be able to do this for you

I'm gonna try and ask from the police if they don't help me I don't know what to say

I tried to ask and they said no cos they think that they should know me first for some period of time while the SIA says you don't need to know him at all.

Yes it is supposed to be someone that knows you, not just a stranger off the street.

If the photograph is not signed and dated by the counter-signatory, or their full name and address, UK passport number and telephone number is not given, we will need to return your application form.

Your GP will normally do this for a small fee.

I doubt a doctor would provide the above, would they ?

I'd be surprised if they wouldnt provide it, although they may charge a fee. I've signed a fair number of these and other passport applications, giving out details like that isn't a problem, and they do occassionally like to check with the countersignatory so they do need to get in touch.

I doubt a doctor would provide the above, would they ?

Gp has enough sick people to deal with and not need to waste time on such a stupid matter

I moved in Sheffield almost a month ago and I don't know anyone here.

I have to fill my SIA License application and I can't because I need a UK passport holder to be my counter signatory and sign my photo as a witness that I'm the one in the photo and no one else.

Any good Samaritans are welcome to pm.

Thank you.

P.s

This is what they need

Counter-signatory

Your photograph should be counter-signed and dated on the back in blue or black ink by a UK passport holder. Details of the person signing the photograph will need to be provided in section C of the application form. By signing and dating the photograph the counter-signatory is agreeing that the photograph is of you. Please note: your counter-signatory should not be a relative or member of your family.

Please call our contact centre for advice if you are applying from overseas and you are unable to obtain a counter-signature from a UK passport holder.

Your doctor will do this for you for a small fee usually.

---------- Post added 25-04-2013 at 12:07 ----------

Gp has enough sick people to deal with and not need to waste time on such a stupid matter

Doctors are trustworthy, pillars of the community and this is part of their remit.

GeoKou, call your doctors and ask them, they will arrange a suitable time for your doctor to do this for you.

I've enough on with my matters to deal with, but as a company director, chairman of a social club and a Scout Leader I'm considered to be a suitable person to sign all manner of things like this. I do, it costs me time and inconvenience but it's the right thing to do so I do it. The same is true for GP's, opticians, police officers, magistrates, social workers, all manner of people who can sign these do so, not for the money but because it's needed in some small way for society to operate.

Well said mate

---------- Post added 25-04-2013 at 12:25 ----------

I don't even find the meaning on this since they are going to have my passport as well