Super mice or not

Had a rodent problem at bottom of garden so put some bait out, the bait was the chocolate smelling type and I nailed it to a three inch cube of wood and put it in the ground near where I know they are coming under the fence, this morning the bait is duly nibbled but the block of wood with bait attached is six feet away from where I left it, so do I have super mice, many mice who are very organised or might next doors cat have moved it?

Had a rodent problem at bottom of garden so put some bait out, the bait was the chocolate smelling type and I nailed it to a three inch cube of wood and put it in the ground near where I know they are coming under the fence, this morning the bait is duly nibbled but the block of wood with bait attached is six feet away from where I left it, so do I have super mice, many mice who are very organised or might next doors cat have moved it?

Could be rats mate

id say it was rats too!

im not 100% sure but i think council will come and sort it for free if its rats.

Rats dirty but amazing animals when you think about it, they can eat thru brick if needs be!

just be thankfull they are not in the house!

and yeh they can chew through brick ive seen it first hand in a house a relative had! they chewed through the bricks and concrete under the sink cupboard! they got so brave they were coming out in the day time while people were there!

What I didn't mention was that I had seen the culprit the day before and it was definitely a mouse, I have had rats, it seems to be one of the penalties of having a compost bin but those were dealt with and I know rats can squeeze through small spaces but I think where they are coming in would be a squeeze for a rat.

I found a mouse with its back end trapped in a trap, it must have dragged its self and the trap 10 feet just using its front legs before it eventually died.

If theyre at the bottom of the garden why is it a problem :confused:

Because last time they were there they chewed through and burrowed in to my compost bin, pulling stuff out and one was living in it.

What I didn't mention was that I had seen the culprit the day before and it was definitely a mouse, I have had rats, it seems to be one of the penalties of having a compost bin but those were dealt with and I know rats can squeeze through small spaces but I think where they are coming in would be a squeeze for a rat.

maybe they are using the mouse as bait to come out 1st,if its head remains intact, then the rats come out

This morning more bait has been nibbled but the block is in place as I anchored it down but the trap I also left baited has been sprung with nothing in it but most curiously has been moved to roughly where I found the baited block yesterday, there must be a bigger animal involved in this, it's not exactly a small trap and I know it can't have jumped that far when sprung.

This morning more bait has been nibbled but the block is in place as I anchored it down but the trap I also left baited has been sprung with nothing in it but most curiously has been moved to roughly where I found the baited block yesterday, there must be a bigger animal involved in this, it's not exactly a small trap and I know it can't have jumped that far when sprung.

Fairies,definetly fairies.