Annoyingly loud earphone music- remedy?

Some headphones are open and some are closed.

Open ones let the noise escape even at low volumes. They also allow ambient sounds in.

Closed ones do the exact opposite.

Train? - Go to carriage F.. that's usually the "Quiet" carriage..

Nightmare Ghozer. I've always booked a seat in the quiet coach, until recently. I really can't bear the hassle. People simply ignore the fact that they shouldn't be playing music for others to hear or using their phones etc. The last journey from London was horrible. This guy took a phone call, sat in the carriage and shouted into his phone for what seemed like hours. In the end I got up and politely asked him if he would mind going into the corridor and got not only abuse, but threats - from him and his girlfriend. They then thought it was a good follow-up to keep walking past my seat, stop and stare at me. As I was on my own, this wasn't particularly fun.

Then a whole load of people got on, played music and shouted to each other. I just put up with it - won't use a quiet coach again.

No quiet carriages on Northern Rail :(

The worst offenders are the people who play the music on their phones so we can all hear it.

What's so wrong with asking them to turn it down? I always turn it down when I'm on the bus and someone sits beside me. Although today a fella sat next to me, accidentally kicked me but never said sorry, and constantly talked to his mate a few seats away for his whole journey, so I turned it up.
You might. Normal people might. But the scrotes that I assume the OP is talking about will most will either give a "gone out" look, tell you to #':> off or even get proper shirty.

No quiet carriages on Northern Rail :(

The worst offenders are the people who play the music on their phones so we can all hear it.

I once had 40 mins listening to that religeous islamic call to prayer type wailing- straight from the phone speaker! I have to say though, it was almost calming compared to drum n bass / techno. I had to admire the guys balls

---------- Post added 26-04-2013 at 13:35 ----------

One idea is to try and contact the offender via bluetooth-

Name your device something like 'turn your **** music down F***face', then trawl through other devices found and try to connect. You sometimes get lucky.

It's no-where near as bad as New Yorks subway.

Not only do you get people blasting music out of their 'Dr Dre Beats' so loud you can hear it accross the carriage, but they also like to try and rap along to it.

I was surrounded by three of them at one point, all 'rapping' along to a different track (but only knowing 1/4 to 1/2 the words :hihi:)

Not only do you get people blasting music out of their 'Dr Dre Beats' so loud you can hear it accross the carriage, but they also like to try and rap along to it.

I was surrounded by three of them at one point, all 'rapping' along to a different track (but only knowing 1/4 to 1/2 the words :hihi:)

That would actually be quite funny!

It got more amusing the fewer lyrics they knew.

One guy hopped on and started singing along to R&B, well it was more of a wail because he didn't know any of the words to the songs :hihi:

do you mean to say that there are words to rap music? I always thought that it was a series of grunts almost in time with the beat