Problems with Currys/PC world

Hi,

I am aware of your case and do apologise for the situation relating to the initial assesment of your product in store.

I understand that the product has been further assessed by pictures submitted to Samsung direct, the store technical team and a member of the contact centre who attended the store to review your product. Each of these have varified external markings to the product in the area in which the fault has been found.

The manager with whom you have spoken has gone above our standard process and offered to have the unit collected free of charge to be assesed in our development lab for any defects. I have been advised that you have declined this offer, although, we would like to leave this option open to you at this time.

I hope you are able to appreciate that we can not be held responsible for any outside influences impacting the effectivness of the product.

If you would like to discuss this further or accept the offer of assistance with the product please email [email protected] quoting your case reference number.

Lloyd

KNOWHOW Social Media Team

why are you posting on a public forum instead of dealing with the problem directly with the OP??? quick to answer here but not so quick to deal with the situation at hand!! ...........very odd

its nice to hear from reasonable people, the last few weeks we have just felt like like we are in the wrong. its nice to know that we are no alone and probably wont be the last

why are you posting on a public forum instead of dealing with the problem directly with the OP??? quick to answer here but not so quick to deal with the situation at hand!! ...........very odd

Not good for business either. Cannot understand why people buy from stores like Currys, PCWorld, it is not as if they are cheap. Best shop to purchase from is John Lewis.

The power of Social Media.............the most effective way of naming and shaming.

The little guy does have power...........

Not at all odd. It's reputation management. People reporting how bad their customer service is online will reduce their future sales. This is a poor attempt to try and counteract it. Unfortunately for them, people are wise to the tactic.

Hint to KNOWHOW:

The only way this won't end up making your company look bad is if nighthawk82 comes back in the near future saying everything was sorted out to their satisfaction.

I had a similar thing, with a HP laptop, part of the screen was missing for no apparent reason. I was advised by someone knowledgeable on here, it was probably the drivers. I phoned up HP armed with that and they agreed, and asked me if I could fix that myself, and I said no. As it was under warranty, I would prefer them to do it. They sent a courier, and took it to POLAND!

Whilst it was in Poland, I had a phonecall from HP to tell me that the screen was obviously cracked, they even sent me a pic, where the screen was SHATTERED. It was certainly not like this when I sent it off. The advisor said it was 'SCREEN TWIST' - the laptop was about 4 weeks old. Screen twist is apparently caused by opening the laptop with one hand, and literally, twisting the screen.

I got back to the forum member who advised me not to accept this, and keep arguing my case; He had been sure it was a driver fault when I described it to him, I had not done anything to cause any damage to it, it just randomly stopped working as I was using it, he said they could easily break it in transit, or even on purpose to claim repair fees if they wanted. Just keep arguing my case and do not accept it back in the current state. So I did.

The customer service agent said I 'might' be able to get a free one off repair, if I can give enough reason why I thought I should, but that I won't get one, as it never happens. She hinted in this phone call that the laptop appeared to have been DROPPED.

I wrote a rather strongly worded email, with my reasons why I thought they should repair it. Questioning the quality of their parts if screen twist could occur after 4 weeks, and the fact that I had so far been given 3 different reasons for the screen being broken. They had also replaced the base, and were trying to send a new base back with a broken screen attached, but couldn't explain to me why the base had been changed when the issue was only with the screen. I think the deciding factor for them was when I made it absolutely clear, that as a lifelong HP user, who would recommend them to anyone (bit of a truth twist like) I would never, ever use them again after this terrible experience, and would make sure I never recommend them again.

I got them in the end! They agreed to repair it and waive the £90 repair fee as a 'one off' good will gesture

Could you perhaps post photo's of the laptop, the problem (the screen) and the rear of the screen also...

There are many of us on here (like me) on SheffieldForum who would also be able to take a look, and assess the damage, and state our own opinions...

If the store have looked at it, and sent the email and photo's to Samsung, that -to me at least- says that they are trying to help resolve the situation...

Edited by Ghozer

they sent photos on 10th, since then they have given me the run around and decided today that it 'appears' damaged despite my continuous protests. the store still have my laptop which someone is oing o collect as oing down to the store is not a goo idea.

May I just point out. To name and shame individuals working for the company involved is unfair and uncalled for. They are following policies and guidelines set down by their employers, and could land themselves in trouble by not following them. Thankyou to the employee from KNOWHOW or taking the time to give the company's side of the argument. I'm sure your employer didn't tell you to do it, so the argument that the company is practising a public relations exercise is absolutely ridiculous.

Please be aware, for a company to accept a product from a customer, they need to be sure that the supplier is going to give them credit for the return. If the supplier has already said it is not under warranty due to damage, this obviously wont happen.

doesnt excuse poor service, i should not have to chase my complaint which was not dealt with and the terrible way they treat you.

that reply from Knowhow was deffinately a PR exercise as they dont wan to appear as 'bad'. i came on here to tell my story day by day since this ordeal began, and they just want to say 'sorry' but not want o deal with the problem.

every where you look, currys is not he place to go (see link below)

http://www.trustpilot.co.uk/review/www.pcworld.co.uk

they sent photos on 10th, since then they have given me the run around and decided today that it 'appears' damaged despite my continuous protests. the store still have my laptop which someone is oing o collect as oing down to the store is not a goo idea.

Once you get it back, please post photo's of the screen...

I would be interested to see exactly what's up with it...

someone is going to colect it for me, as i dare not go in to the shop in case i donsomething stupid. once back here, i'll post photos