What would you like to see on a kids menu?

Hi there!

I'd like some help! I'm soon to be taking ownership of a lovely little cafe and I'd like to improve the options for little ones, especially the under 5's, on the menu.

If you've got any ideas about what you'd most like to see on a toddlers menu, savoury or sweet, please let me know!

Many thanks in advance,

Abbie xx

something other than eveything with chips!

Maybe say:

Veggie chilli, rice and nachos

Roast dinner

Jackets and fillings

Wraps

Pasta - pasta bake, spag bol, pesto pasta

Instead of chips maybe home made wedges or roast potatoes or even new in herb butter

Filled yorkshire puds

---------- Post added 23-04-2013 at 15:50 ----------

Or omlettes with various fillings

something other than eveything with chips!

Maybe say:

Veggie chilli, rice and nachos

Roast dinner

Jackets and fillings

Wraps

Pasta - pasta bake, spag bol, pesto pasta

Instead of chips maybe home made wedges or roast potatoes or even new in herb butter

Filled yorkshire puds

---------- Post added 23-04-2013 at 15:50 ----------

Or omlettes with various fillings

Excellent menu,

To the OP avoid all deep fried (including) breaded products, cheap sausage and burgers and plastic pizza.

All of the above sound great, plus toddler portions that are smaller than standard child portions!

Where is your cafe?

Small versions of the adult meals where possible. I hate going into places where all the kids have to choose from is burger, pizza, nuggets, fish fingers - all with chips!

My kids would much prefer pasta, or a lasagne, or small portion of pie and gravy.

I agree about 'toddler' portions, as a 1 - 2 yr old doesn't eat that much of a sandwich and I hate seeing loads go to waste. I would also like it if cafes did dilute squash in a toddler friendly cup for a cheap price rather than having to buy them fruit shoots or horrible cartons of pink/orange juice. Fruit pieces and fromage frais always go down well. On a side note, there is a new 'child friendly' cafe that has opened near me. It started so well but the food has got greasier and greasier. I keep giving it another chance as it is perfect for under 5's with a little play area but the food is appalling as well as other problems with the place. So hopefully you might be taking over there lol!!

Maybe not have a seperate kids menu at all just different portion sizes on a regular menu.

Please tell us where your cafe will be!

My daughter would eat any adult meal in a smaller portion. Particular favourites are:

Pasta (ideally with grated cheese on the side so she can sprinkle it herself)

Snack plate - i.e. with breadsticks, raw veg, cheese, ham etc

Fishcake and salad

Pizza - with a choice of fresh toppings

Pork pie and salad

Any pie with mash, e.g. cottage, fish etc

Good luck!

Agree with most of the suggestions, I'm so fed up of seeing chicken nuggets etc.......

Filled yorkshire puddings sound great!

Rice and pasta as sides rather than chips with everything.

Jacket potatoes with different fillings

Roast dinners

A choice of different veg would be nice, my eldest hates peas which are served at a lot of places, but will happily eat other greens such as broccoli, cabbage, cauli etc

The option to have smaller portions of adult food is a good one. Also, providing a bowl for babies to have a bit of adults food - saves parents having to rely on taking a jar out with them!

My little girl loves eating pieces of melon and cucumber sticks. I will only take her to food places, that do good healthy food. Maybe doing things from adult menu in smaller portion sizes. My little girl also likes sandwiches (cheese, meat etc that are good quality). When the weather does get colder then soups would be good. I think having tap water or full fat milk would be good to offer. It might be worth looking at the food choices that baby food manufacturers offer as I get ideas from them on what to give my daughter.

bread and dripping :o:o:o

:hihi: no, that's on my menu!