Thefts from Ponds Forge changing rooms

This has been a problem at Ponds for years. I was a member there in 2011, but I felt like the cheapness was attracting an undesirable element - chavvy kids who just hung around the changing rooms and spa area. Count yourself lucky they only took your bags - a woman in my spin class not only had her locker broken into, but they used her car keys to steal her car from the car park while they were at it. I haven't been back since.

The fact that, two years later, this is still going on when everyone who goes through those turnstiles has their photo taken suggests to me that some of the staff are either in on it, or they just don't care about stopping it.

I've used the ladies members locker rooms 3 times a week for the last 2 years and never had anything stolen but I have been in the numerous times when there were women just sat in there not doing anything at all. I particularly noticed the same woman on a few occasions who just looked totally out of place. She was at least 60, was in full religious dress (inc headscarf etc) and had no belongings with her. She didn't look capable of walking very far unaided, never mind hitting the gym!! She was literally just sat there seemingly doing nothing for the entire time it took me to shower, dress and get ready for work. Perhaps wrongly I just assumed she was a cleaner slacking off but I have noticed since that the cleaners all wear a uniform. I will certainly be keeping my stuff with me in future!!

berties ears

been using male members room for 2 years 3 times a week but have never seen people hanging about,but after seeing posts on here take my wallet and phone in with me.leave watch and ring at home

they dont care about stopping it. The gate for the gym is wide open every day and no receptionist is sat there anyone can go in!

got a new card swiper now on entrance gate so it should be more secure now.have never seen desk without someone on it and i am there 3 mornings a week.

My neighbour was robbed there a few months ago. A lot of people have had to suffer this, and I don't understand why they don't install cctv in there when they know its a recurrent thing. She put everything in her locker, and when she went to collect her belongings, her wallet/car keys and phone were gone. Just beware, and don't take anything but your payment to get in and clothes.

My neighbour was robbed there a few months ago. A lot of people have had to suffer this, and I don't understand why they don't install cctv in there when they know its a recurrent thing. She put everything in her locker, and when she went to collect her belongings, her wallet/car keys and phone were gone. Just beware, and don't take anything but your payment to get in and clothes.

You can probably imagine the kerfuffle if an organisation installed CCTV inside a female changing area?

if they were left out, maybe the cleaner took them to lost property?

i've left my bag unattended lots of times when i've had to go to the loo before i leave but i may have to re-think that!

If you leave your bags unattended or in a locker with the door wide open like someone did the other week, then the cleaners take them up to reception.

They could have 2 sets of lockers, some very small ones to put phones, wallets and keys in, which are based in the main foyer in full view of staff, and another set of lockers in the changing area for clothing.

The ones for wallets etc could be the type where you supply your own padlock, so breaking into them would surely be more obvious.

It wouldn't cost that much to install them, and there is plenty of room for them.

cant understand why people leave valuables in lockers,i put wallet and phone in my tracky pockets while in gym if i go in swim i put in a carrier bag and wrap in my towel and put on seats next to pool,in sight at all times.only thing in locker is a bit of loose change.