Thefts from Ponds Forge changing rooms

I also had my wallet and phone stolen from Pond Forge swimming baths last year, shame to hear it is still this bad. I now leave all valuables hidden in my car whilst I go to the pool.

My son used to have diving lessons there, and I approached reception to inform them that people were just drifting in and out of the place, seemingly just for the fun of it. They weren't there watching their children have lessons, and a minority of them were openly ogling females in a very distasteful manner. I was informed by reception that it is an open facility, and anybody can just wander in and spectate. I was however taken into a control room where there was a whole wall filled with cctv monitoring screens. Apart from the changing areas, every part of the building is covered. Surely Ponds Forge should be closely monitoring people who seem to be in and out of the place with no apparent reason, and suspect their actions and motives?

Was it the competition pool changing rooms or leisure? I sometimes go swimming in the competition pool so I'm just wondering if I can leave my stuff in the lockers without having to worry...

Hi

You cant leave anything there ever they have been getting robbed since the day they opened, it has got worse and they are not doing anything about it, infact they have made it even easier for people to steal by leaving the gates permenantly open. I suggest you leave nothing of value there it will eventually get robbed!

Hi

You cant leave anything there ever they have been getting robbed since the day they opened, it has got worse and they are not doing anything about it, infact they have made it even easier for people to steal by leaving the gates permenantly open. I suggest you leave nothing of value there it will eventually get robbed!

the turnstiles are broken and have been for over a week now, surely it's a breach of security to keep leaving that gate open?! i've started taking my purse and phone into my fitness classes in a carrier bag in case my locker gets robbed.

---------- Post added 05-06-2013 at 13:41 ----------

I'm pretty sure I said "evidence to back up the claims"

Unbelievable that no one sees scumbags breaking into lockers. The times I've been there (very few I might add) it would have been almost I possible to do that without detection.

they must be waiting for the locker room to be empty because i've never noticed anyone breaking into a locker when i've been in there. unless they have a method of doing it quietly and without looking obvious.

Did they steal your clothes?

I'm a bit worried about having to go back to work in my swimming trunks

Just to let people know to beware of your stuff at ponds Forge Gym, yesterday at between 5.45 -6pm my partners bags were stolen by some scumbag out of the female changing rooms, scum....

This is a recuring problem. They are going to have to do something about it. My mate had some stuff stolen from the male changing room in Ponds Forge.

been going to gym and swim for 2 years and never heard of anything stolen,but i use the male members changing rooms.

the turnstiles have been broken for a week now and gate left open all the time nobody asks to see your card and you just walk through,this is very lax security and i always take my valuables in gym with me.am a bit nervous when i go to swim as this means leaving wallet and watch in locker.

I almost posted "dont they have cameras they could review?" ... before slapping myself on the forehead :D

been going to gym and swim for 2 years and never heard of anything stolen,but i use the male members changing rooms.

the turnstiles have been broken for a week now and gate left open all the time nobody asks to see your card and you just walk through,this is very lax security and i always take my valuables in gym with me.am a bit nervous when i go to swim as this means leaving wallet and watch in locker.

Do what I do, you can hand your valuables into reception and they are kept locked away in a secure staff only area free of charge.

Just to let people know to beware of your stuff at ponds Forge Gym, yesterday at between 5.45 -6pm my partners bags were stolen by some scumbag out of the female changing rooms, scum....

This has been happening for the last few years to my knowledge, I stopped going about two years ago for this reason, along with dozens of others, things were taken out of the lockers themselves that were locked!!, strikes me the staff there don't give a dam to allow it to keep happening, it's certainly not rocket science how to stop it, by putting extra security barriers in on the entrance to the ladies changing rooms, but they obvioulsy couldn't care less!!!!

Edited by Angelb

I think staff are involved which is why it is not stopping they deliberately leave the gates open

people have started stealing hte free weights from the gym because it is so easy to do

i dont take naything there i wouldnt trust keeping it in reception in their 'safe area' as their 'safe area' has open access too.