Unknown Cable Between Houses

Hi.

Trying to identify twin cables bound together, running under the eaves between semi detached houses in S5.

I think it may be an old Redifusion system that was installed but never used.

The cables loop under the eaves on the semi, then strap across to the next semi, and continue around the estate.

I cannot see a point where the cables have been 'T' ed into the property.

I need to know if it is safe to cut them down.

Any info will help.

Have a photo, but can't post it on here.

Cheer

Rich

---------- Post added 22-04-2013 at 20:31 ----------

This its the old Original CableTV from Redifusion.

Is it safe to just cut down, as I don't think its been live for decades.

Something to do with old electricity system long since dead? Know the ones you mean and pretty sure its safe to cut them but make sure.

It's the old BRW cable, long defunct now. Take it down, I've removed all mine, although it has some large clips into the bargeboard. There were no high voltages in it, it was just a Tv signal cable. There was usually a black box with a take-off which ran down and entered through the wallnear to a window terminating in a multi-pin socket into which you plugged your tv rather than an aerial.

Some of the private semis on the Cross side of Halifax Rd though do have an overhead mains supply which runs under the eaves, and then down the wall to the meter cupboard on the side of the house.

Edited by carosio

Hi.

Trying to identify twin cables bound together, running under the eaves between semi detached houses in S5.

I think it may be an old Redifusion system that was installed but never used.

The cables loop under the eaves on the semi, then strap across to the next semi, and continue around the estate.

I cannot see a point where the cables have been 'T' ed into the property.

I need to know if it is safe to cut them down.

Any info will help.

Have a photo, but can't post it on here.

Cheer

Rich

---------- Post added 22-04-2013 at 20:31 ----------

This its the old Original CableTV from Redifusion.

Is it safe to just cut down, as I don't think its been live for decades.

I am pretty certain that its the old sheffield cable tv,we have the same cables as do nearly all the older council properties all around sheffield.

It was installed in the early sixties if i remember correctly and their main depot was up derbyshire lane. I think the council should come and take it all down as it is very unsightly ,plus it would rake in a lot of scrap value.