Poor mobile phone reception, dropped calls/texts in Crookes/Broomhill

Since about Wednesday 17th April, data coverage (3G, HDSPA etc) has been appalling, resulting in many dropped calls, dropped texts, and general frustration. Talking to friends (in person, naturally, as we can't rely on mobile!) this seems to be a multi-network issue. Has anyone else been experiencing these issues? Does anyone know if there is there a problem with the main mobile phone mast for this area (Tapton/Crosspool) ?

Edited by alloneword
typo

Our company Blackberries are having the same issue in the City Centre. I was told it was only an Orange problem though.

Yes, Yes, Yes - there seems to be a transmitter issue? Since the high winds? Has anyone got anything from the Network providers?

Been having problems too was advised to hard reset the phone so it picks up the strongest signal, still not much better/still cuts out from time to time

I am on 3 network and have got no problems

---------- Post added 23-04-2013 at 08:31 ----------

No problems in Crookes/Crosspool

There is matinence work being done on the masts in the area to improve oranges and EEs 3g and 4g speeds, loss of signal is temporary, however once the work is done the service will be much better

There is matinence work being done on the masts in the area to improve oranges and EEs 3g and 4g speeds, loss of signal is temporary, however once the work is done the service will be much better

I wish I'd seen this earlier, it would have saved me being on the phone to EE for an hour! They told me the same, and said there are two Orange masts in the area with problems - glossop road and crosspool. They gave the 6th May as a fix date.

Three confirmed there is a issue with our local mast in S10, didn't give me a fix date. City centre seems fine.