1st time angler

just been on dragon carp, they have a telescopic whip for £6, you will be able to pick up a couple off rigs for a couple of quid, get your maggots and your on your way

I've got an 7m pole I don't use - it's yours if you want to collect it

---------- Post added 26-04-2013 at 19:43 ----------

Seems like OP has vanished

Would keep away from market to be fair especially as a novice, i remember a few years ago he tried selling me a pole with an rrp of 149 for 200quid cos he thought i was a young novice he could have me round corner, and seen it happen a few other times aswell. But he must do alright as he has been going for years!!

If i was you i would buy a 5 metre elasticated whip for around a tenner with a couple of ready made rigs and take him upto somewhere like aston ponds on the lanta pond where he will have plenty of bites.

I bought my g/daughter a cheap whip and took her to a small lake that was stuffed with silver fish.

She caught all day and was over the moon.

I spent most of my time putting maggots on the hook for her and when we got home she told my wife she felt sorry for me as she caught loads more than me.:hihi: