Town centre pub/restaurant

Can anybody recommend a pub to eat in or a restaurant somewhere in the town centre, that's not too far from the crucible, that does food around 4.30/5pm ish?

There's Crucible corner in Tudor Square, Ego in ST Pauls, over the road from the Crucible. There is Also Cafe Gusto on Norfolk Row.

Close-ish I would recommend the REd Deer on Pitt Street, behind West Street, The Old House on Division Street or The Rutland Arms on Brown Street, near the Station.

we usually go to the Wig and Pen ( behind the cathedral) before the theatre. The food is really good and there is an " early bird menu" available.

Other than that Gusto is good but sometimes hard to get booked into or All Bar One and the resturants in Leopold Square which usually dont require a booking

I forogt Wig and Pen, that is also good.

I like All Bar One though it can get busy. However at 5pm it'd probably be Ok.

I forogt Wig and Pen, that is also good.

I like All Bar One though it can get busy. However at 5pm it'd probably be Ok.

Fair point.....all the suits go in there at 5pm

Take a stroll down to the Devonshire cat or browns or the museum all very good in my opinion

Edited by allwednesday

Ego's is Beautiful!!

they have a offer on before 7pm

2 courses - £13.95

3 courses - £15.95

We went to Pizza Express by the Peace Gardens but it didn't live up to it's name I'm afraid. Very slow service and we had to leave without dessert or coffee as we were running out of time. Food nice though.

Old Queens Head - pub/restaurant - 3-5mins. from Crucible, just next the bus interchange and we are serving food until 9pm.