ICT Cover Letter

Hello, would this speculative letter be good to send companies for working in a computer/PC repairs shop...

Dear Sir or Madam

I write to you with great interest to be considered for any customer facing roles you may have and to seize any related positions, I will work any hours you can provide.

Based on my desire to work in this sector, I believe that I would be an excellent fit within your business as technology is my life and it matches my retail experience.

During my time at Comet, I sold a range of computer devices including peripherals, tablets, printers, laptops and desktops and enjoyed presenting goods to consumers.

My knowledge includes assembling systems, testing devices, soldering electronics, data entry, packaging hardware and being able to translate solutions for customers.

I have adapted to changes in many roles by being open to new challenges and this ability in particular has enabled me to advance my development and learn new skills.

Being flexible and eager to learn, I am available for interview at any time and will be happy to undergo any relevant training with a view to commence work immediately.

I understand recruiting is a stressful process but given the chance, I would live and breathe this role, thank you for your time and I will look forward to hearing from you.

Edited by BEDROCK

Remove excessive wording such as: live and breath, great interest, seize, take out that bit about recruiting being stressful. Otherwise, it's concise for them to read it, so it's fine.

Remove excessive wording such as: live and breath, great interest, seize, take out that bit about recruiting being stressful. Otherwise, it's concise for them to read it, so it's fine.

I was just trying to show humility and passion for the role but I get what you're saying.

What sort of position are you actually looking for? One selling PC/electronics.? Or one repairing them?

I ask because I have noticed you have asked a few questions on the Tech section and, I hope you don't mind me saying this, but you are not the most tech savvy. Don't get me wrong, I don't think your a total novice but neither do I think your an expert.

If you wanting work in sales then fine but if your looking for something repair wise you need to show more evidence that your technical. Sales assistants in Comet/PC World/Currys, pretty much most stores selling electronics, are notorious for not really knowing what they are taking about.

“My knowledge includes assembling systems, testing devices, soldering electronics, data entry, packaging hardware and being able to translate solutions for customers.”

The first part to me means that you can set-up a desktop PC/laptop – that is not difficult as they are coloured coded in the most part.

The testing devices part could mean you check them for damage/re-install software or it could me you can diagnose hardware faults and take apart a PC/laptop to install new components. If you are going down the technical side of things you need to make it clear what you can do.

Packing hardware just tells me you can put something in a box.

“I have adapted to changes in many roles by being open to new challenges and this ability in particular has enabled me to advance my development and learn new skills.” - I've no idea what “enabled me to advance my development” means.

I appreciate that you might be showing your technical skills in your CV however your letter would not encourage me to read that far as it reads to me that you can sell PCs and maybe handle the odd basic repair job. Again this would be fine for a sales job because I wouldn't be looking for you to fix anything. But if you are looking for a more technical role then you need to let your technical side shine through more on the covering letter so a potential employer is encouraged to read your CV.

Hello, would this speculative letter be good to send companies for working in a computer/PC repairs shop...

Be different...call whoever you plan to work for and ask them for a job (making sure you have researched them before hand and can match your skills to their business needs). Letters will just get binned (especially speculative ones).

Good luck with the job hunting.

What sort of position are you actually looking for? One selling PC/electronics.? Or one repairing them?

I ask because I have noticed you have asked a few questions on the Tech section and, I hope you don't mind me saying this, but you are not the most tech savvy. Don't get me wrong, I don't think your a total novice but neither do I think your an expert.

If you wanting work in sales then fine but if your looking for something repair wise you need to show more evidence that your technical. Sales assistants in Comet/PC World/Currys, pretty much most stores selling electronics, are notorious for not really knowing what they are taking about.

“My knowledge includes assembling systems, testing devices, soldering electronics, data entry, packaging hardware and being able to translate solutions for customers.”

The first part to me means that you can set-up a desktop PC/laptop – that is not difficult as they are coloured coded in the most part.

The testing devices part could mean you check them for damage/re-install software or it could me you can diagnose hardware faults and take apart a PC/laptop to install new components. If you are going down the technical side of things you need to make it clear what you can do.

Packing hardware just tells me you can put something in a box.

“I have adapted to changes in many roles by being open to new challenges and this ability in particular has enabled me to advance my development and learn new skills.” - I've no idea what “enabled me to advance my development” means.

I appreciate that you might be showing your technical skills in your CV however your letter would not encourage me to read that far as it reads to me that you can sell PCs and maybe handle the odd basic repair job. Again this would be fine for a sales job because I wouldn't be looking for you to fix anything. But if you are looking for a more technical role then you need to let your technical side shine through more on the covering letter so a potential employer is encouraged to read your CV.

Well. cheers for the skills and character judgement there and trolling my activity, a real confident boost there and well done :loopy:

Thesaurus Legend: Synonyms Related Words Antonyms

Noun 1. deja vu - the experience of thinking that a new situation had occurred before

Not quite sure why you are offended by love2prints feedback? Sometimes you are going to be told something you don't like when asking for feedback. If people cannot be honest with you they won't bother helping any more. Just saying, but if my saying this also offends then I am out.

I'm not trolling your activity but I have noticed you asking lots of questions on the Tech section recently. I just remember your username.

My post wasn't meant to be offensive but constructive. I have highlighted how certain points read to me.

Yes, I made a judgement of your technical skills - just like any employer would do.

However, you have now changed your original post to make it clear that you aren't looking for a job repairing PCs. So my points in the previous post are now irrelevant apart from my point about "advance my development".

Unless you have changed that because of what I put? I'm not trying to put you off working in IT if that's what you want to. But YOU need to SHOW in your CV and covering letter what YOU can do. If YOU don't make it clear what your skills are how are potential employers going to know? YOU have to sell yourself, no one else.

I'm not sure why I'm writing this because I don't think you will take it on board. But you never know.

Well. cheers for the skills and character judgement there and trolling my activity, a real confident boost there and well done :loopy:

What is wrong with you ? You ask for feedback/opinions then when someone offers truthful ones you whine !

What is wrong with you ? You ask for feedback/opinions then when someone offers truthful ones you whine !

Seconded!!

BR, you posted this on a PUBLIC forum. If you didnt want the PUBLIC to respond then stop posting.

Further more, the Job Centre would've helped you with this.

:loopy::rolleyes:

Is this not a repeat of a thread from a few months ago? Same wordy letter, same responses, same shirty reply from the OP......?