Shiregreen burglary

Had a phone call off our neighbour Sunday dinner to say we'd been burgled, we were out for the night visiting family. I know we're not the only ones but still were absolutely gutted, my fiancée is really worried now for our safety, we have 2 children a 6month old and a 2 year old, who we worry about obviously.

Basically it was a brick through the kitchen window and they, 2 trainer prints found at point of entry,cleaned out all high value stuff. I know we won't see anything back but if anyone around here is offered stuff please let me know as ill quite happily take a bar round and ask nicely for our stuff, seriously though if anyone I offered stuff let me know or the police.

There was a 37" Toshiba LCD HD TV, PS3, 14 PS3 games, 14 Blurays valuable irreplaceable jewellery boxes full aswell as other things.

It was bad enough being burgled I could have handled a smash and grab on the front room but not having all our drawers rifled through aswell!!

Had a phone call off our neighbour Sunday dinner to say we'd been burgled, we were out for the night visiting family. I know we're not the only ones but still were absolutely gutted, my fiancée is really worried now for our safety, we have 2 children a 6month old and a 2 year old, who we worry about obviously.

Basically it was a brick through the kitchen window and they, 2 trainer prints found at point of entry,cleaned out all high value stuff. I know we won't see anything back but if anyone around here is offered stuff please let me know as ill quite happily take a bar round and ask nicely for our stuff, seriously though if anyone I offered stuff let me know or the police.

There was a 37" Toshiba LCD HD TV, PS3, 14 PS3 games, 14 Blurays valuable irreplaceable jewellery boxes full aswell as other things.

It was bad enough being burgled I could have handled a smash and grab on the front room but not having all our drawers rifled through aswell!!

That's what burglary is to get whatever they consider valuable. We were done twice, the second time hardly impacted at all but it was the feeling that someone could break into your home. After the first time it never felt like it was ours.

After being bugrled twice we have invested in shutters (from Complete Shutters) for the patio doors and rear windows which in conjunction with our new "crimebuster" composite doors means we can now leave the house without a feeling of dread.

They are the best investments we have made and at cost of £1200 fitted i think good value for the peace of mind they give.

Not being funny but we are not a shop and that is not the route were going to go down.

They are not shop shutters,they are decorative for domestic windows,out of interest which route do you intend on going down ? because i cant think of many other ways of physically stopping a burgular gaining access.

Each to their own,but as you said the distress caused by someone rifling through your property is not something i want again and at least now i don't have to worry,unless of course they come equipped with an angle grinder !

Omg where abouts shiregreen? Friend lives top end n says police just brought a body out of a house? Police door to door asking if anyone heard anything :( maybe a dead burglar or even worse a victim of. This estate's getting worse :(

invest in a good guard dog, ive got 2, cos i had stuff stolen from my property, ( the same area) since having my dogs ive had nothing else taken, oh and the so*s even stolen my washing line prop. how low can anyone go..... rant over.:rant:

I'm not interested in a guard dog we have a cat, don't think he'd be too pleased lol.

We live on Beck by the way.

Oh and now I get the whole shutter thing, I just pictured shop shutters.

Omg where abouts shiregreen? Friend lives top end n says police just brought a body out of a house? Police door to door asking if anyone heard anything :( maybe a dead burglar or even worse a victim of. This estate's getting worse :(

Have I understood correctly? Police have just brought a dead body out of a house?

Ooooh Beck, well aye....bet the burglar lives nearby just like they did us. :( just gone on hols first time in 10 years and they were in. Ronksley. Bloke opposite had just been released. After many more he went back in.

We have big dog who gets on fine with the cat, moved to top of hill too where it's quieter.

Not being funny but we are not a shop and that is not

the route we're going to go down.

"Between April 2012 and March 2013, South Yorkshire Police report that house burglaries increased by eight per cent with 8,229 crimes reported compared with 7,654 in the year before."

. . . Perhaps people who live in shops, or more secure houses, would still have their 37" Toshiba LCD HD TV, PS3, 14 PS3 games, 14 Blurays valuable irreplaceable jewellery boxes full . . . aswell as other things.

That is the world that we live in.

Have I understood correctly? Police have just brought a dead body out of a house?

Yes on Concord Road somewhere, mate lives oppo the house and cops have been there all morning asking if anyone heard owt :( did mention house has had raids in past so it could be anything :( sorry thought she lived nearer firth park than she does.

Edited by puddinburner