Will Sheffield ever be able to compete with Leeds?

Having moved to sheffield and worked extensively throughout West Yorkshire I can honestly say I love Sheffield and wouldn't consider Leeds as a place to live however I do worry that Leeds attracts more business. Aside from the finanacial and legal business the new areana and and even the O2 seem to draw much bigger acts then there equivilents in Shefield.

Sheffield is slow stagnant and full of people thinking they are on top of the world. I love Sheffield for that it makes it totally unique.

Will Sheffield compete with leeds? No Sheffield does not have the courage to do something unique new or fresh. It just renews old things making a new copy of what was there before and calls them new.

Just happened to drive from Bradford centre to Sheffield with a friend this afternoon, the motorways are many, junctions all over and a busy intense road system more like a north American city than Sheffield with a few relatively small junctions to the M1.

Why not admit Sheffield is small and beautiful, nothing like Leeds. Old second hand buses a very beautiful city centre with all you ever need.

If Sheffield would be the way leeds is now I would move somewhere else a little more relaxed and smaller again.

Who are these people that think Sheffield is in competition with Leeds? Have they ever lived in a real big global city? Or all their lives in Sheffield and become insane thinking Sheffield is something strong to compete with other places?

Never ever until moving to Sheffield have I seen such insanity of individuals thinking their little sleepy city is fighting with others out there that are actually flying while Sheffield keeps snoring thinking it is fighting the others.

Edited by dutch

Sheffield is slow stagnant and full of people thinking they are on top of the world. I love Sheffield for that it makes it totally unique.

Will Sheffield compete with leeds? No Sheffield does not have the courage to do something unique new or fresh. It just renews old things making a new copy of what was there before and calls them new.

Just happened to drive from Bradford centre to Sheffield with a friend this afternoon, the motorways are many, junctions all over and a busy intense road system more like a north American city than Sheffield with a few relatively small junctions to the M1.

Why not admit Sheffield is small and beautiful, nothing like Leeds. Old second hand buses a very beautiful city centre with all you ever need.

If Sheffield would be the way leeds is now I would move somewhere else a little more relaxed and smaller again.

Who are these people that think Sheffield is in competition with Leeds? Have they ever lived in a real big global city? Or all their lives in Sheffield and become insane thinking Sheffield is something strong to compete with other places?

Never ever until moving to Sheffield have I seen such insanity of individuals thinking their little sleepy city is fighting with others out there that are actually flying while Sheffield keeps snoring thinking it is fighting the others.

It seems to be just you Dutch who is continuing to have a go at the people of Sheffield for some reason. You are the one talking about competition, but its clear you understand very little about how the city developed. If you did then you wouldnt come out with such ridiculous statements about post offices and airports. Troll is you.

It seems to be just you Dutch who is continuing to have a go at the people of Sheffield for some reason. You are the one talking about competition, but its clear you understand very little about how the city developed. If you did then you wouldnt come out with such ridiculous statements about post offices and airports. Troll is you.

I am just having a laugh. Never had such silly discussions in my life until I came to Sheffield. Do you think I really care? Lived in so many cities, never mind different countries, continents.

Never seen anything as silly as what is going on here right now. Just having a laugh.

I am just having a laugh. Never had such silly discussions in my life until I came to Sheffield. Do you think I really care? Lived in so many cities, never mind different countries, continents.

Never seen anything as silly as what is going on here right now. Just having a laugh.

So you are just trolling. All the arguments about Leeds and Sheffield seem to be things raised by you and not people from Sheffield.

So you are just trolling. All the arguments about Leeds and Sheffield seem to be things raised by you and not people from Sheffield.

I really believe this so called competition is something that results from some sort of insanity in people.

I really believe this so called competition is something that results from some sort of insanity in people.

Yes its in your own head. I have never known people from Sheffield give much of a toss about rivalry with Leeds. Theres some rivalry with the football, but thats about it. They are different places with different backgrounds. You just seem to get off having a go at people from sheffield, which is a bit rich as you seem to live here by choice.

This is my last post on this, finished now.

Sheffield is great. leeds is great. They are in different places with different ways of thinking.

Any comparison is a joke and anyone thinking there is competition needs to discus this with a professional psychiatrist.