'See Something Say Something' posters

We're slowly heading towards the '1984' scenario. Especially if the US Goverment (read major corporations that control the US Government) get their way.

SOPA/CISPA etc are just the beginning.

Wow that is very 1984.

Exactly what is the poster about anyway?

Wow that is very 1984.

Exactly what is the poster about anyway?

Reporting incidents on public transport, think they could've made it look a tad less authoritarian to be honest...

---------- Post added 20-04-2013 at 21:56 ----------

From what I can see it was an American homeland security campaign to raise awareness about terrorists. Why it's on a Sheffield bus is beyond me. Unless its a publicity stunt for a film or something.

http://killough.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/see_something_lg.png

Looks to be an official TravelSouthYorkshire campaign.

http://www.travelsouthyorkshire.com/kyiseesomethingsaysomething2012/

Does seem more suited to anti-terrorism than reporting people swearing at bus drivers to be honest, at least we know where they nicked it from. :D

From what I can see it was an American homeland security campaign to raise awareness about terrorists. Why it's on a Sheffield bus is beyond me. Unless its a publicity stunt for a film or something.

http://killough.us/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/see_something_lg.png

Have you never noticed ? Whenever there is a security alert in america , England has to respond with the same degree of over-reactiveness .

It is America that is the target . We are just a little apron string .

If we kept our noses out of other peoples affairs we would not have a problem .

Wasn't that Roy Walker's catchphrase?

Isn't it a reminder that if we see a crime we should report it? Surely we would all do that anyway wouldn't we?

I don't think it's overly authoritarian.

It's actually a very effective campaign over in the US, it started in New York on their public transport system, the aim being to stop people looking the other way when they saw crime or something suspicious.

It worked really well so homeland security took it nationwide.

We could do with something like it over here, unfortunately I don't believe we have the police manpower to back it all up like they do in the states.

It seems like unless you're being stabbed to death, or breaking the speed limit our police don't wanna know.

These posters appeared well before the current situation in the United States, similar posters have been used in London and other area's.

Have you never noticed ? Whenever there is a security alert in america , England has to respond with the same degree of over-reactiveness .

It is America that is the target . We are just a little apron string .

If we kept our noses out of other peoples affairs we would not have a problem .

Tell that to the families of the 52 civilians killed in the London bombings of 2005, then you've got the ***** who drove into Glasgow airport with a jeep full of propane canisters, there have been several more terrorist attacks in Britain, so if America is the target then these people have got extremely bad aim

And it's not just about terrorists, surely it's about preventing thing such as the 16 year old girl who got stabbed to death in Nottingham in broad daylight on public transport, and we all like to think we would say if we saw something suspicious, but there are still the few who would prefer to just get away from the situation and let it leave there mind, as not to get involved, I assume these posters are aimed at these people, so hopefully it will catch there attention and draw them in just like it has those of you on here who have seen it

Having big signs up saying "See something suspicious, tell a cop" is a good deterrent to criminals as well.

It puts it right in the front of their mind that everyone is looking at them and intends to phone the police.