Jimmy Crawford?

Jimmy Crawford, real name Ron Lyndsay, I believe I first saw him one Saturday morning in 1957 at the Cinama at Fitzalan Sq, later to become known as "The News Theatre".

He was billed as "Ron Lyndsay and the Coasters" I believe..and the bass player was called "Art Jacobs" and the guitarist was a very young "Frank White"...Later on he change his name and became "Jimmy Crawford and the ravens"...More to follow but my memory needs a jog.

I thought his name was Johnny Crawford. He used to visit his mum who lived on Broomhall St. Reason I think this is true is that I used to work at Viners from end of `61 till mid `63 and we used to spot him in his pink Cadillac.

If anyone KNOWS different though I will stand corrected because it`s a long time ago now.

Jimmy Crawfords real name if memory serves me! Is Ronald James Crawford Lindsay. (see my previous post above) I had no idea he was such a talented artist!

Just got a pm on another site asking for info on said person cos he knew i came from sheffield, so thought id post it here and see if any of you lot have any info / anecdotes etc

"any chance you remember a guy called Jimmy Crawford who was quite big in the 70-80's? I know he came from Sheffield, had a drummer in his band called Roy Dell (My Dad) along with "big Jim Ryder" etc.

Any info or music much appreciated. I have only one album of his, on vinyl called "The Blend Of Jimmy Crawford". It's a mix of popular pop songs (easy listening genre) from the era etc, no punk or metal. "

I remember a GIG that he did that was an all nighter in an old church next door to the millmoor football ground ( rotherham FC ) With mates of mine the Debbonaires. He had aready done a gig earlier that evening and turned up to this place were around six groups were performing and as there was no dressing room he wanted to wash this hair and had do it in the toilets along side the rest of the fellas.

jimmy lives near me in nottingham, i used to knock about with his bass player dave glover in the seventies, havent heard from him for sometime,george

I saw the Jimmy Crawford Blend several times playing working men's clubs in the north east in the late 60s. the line-up as I recall consisted of Jimmy, Big Jim and a guitarist called John. Can anyone elaborate as I have seen no mention of John on this forum.

I saw the Jimmy Crawford Blend several times playing working men's clubs in the north east in the late 60s. the line-up as I recall consisted of Jimmy, Big Jim and a guitarist called John. Can anyone elaborate as I have seen no mention of John on this forum.

Big Jim died but John Alexander (Perks) i'm told by Jimmy went to live in Benidorm....

I remember Jimmy Crawford singing at the Lacarno (Sp) on Friday nights. He also did charity work back then driving handicaped children to the various Hospitals

Thought I would drag this back up cause I got the word from Crawford that he now has is own website up and its worth a visit.

The site of course is in its early stages and you can find it on http://www.jimmycrawford.co.uk

His paintings are on there to and are worth a look at.

I remember Jimmy riding on the tractor that towed the rake around the speedway track between races. I was also there the night that Guy Allott the Tigers' captain fell off the tractor and was ran over by the rake and badly injured.

i have a small writeup about jimmy crawford on my site at

musiclincs.co.uk

sailortown

Just got a pm on another site asking for info on said person cos he knew i came from sheffield, so thought id post it here and see if any of you lot have any info / anecdotes etc

"any chance you remember a guy called Jimmy Crawford who was quite big in the 70-80's? I know he came from Sheffield, had a drummer in his band called Roy Dell (My Dad) along with "big Jim Ryder" etc.

Any info or music much appreciated. I have only one album of his, on vinyl called "The Blend Of Jimmy Crawford". It's a mix of popular pop songs (easy listening genre) from the era etc, no punk or metal. "

-----------------------------------

As someone else wrote earlier, Jimmy Crawford was called Ron Lindsay

earlier on. You'll find some of his songs on youtube.com

Ron and his group started in the early 60s. My sister was friends with

his cousin at school. You can "google" him too.

Jimmy Crawford real name Ron Lindsay was an architect by trade and made it big in Sheffield in the 60´s with The Jimmy Crawford Experience. He had a hit record in 1964 with a song called I love how you love me. He now lives in Derby. I last saw Jimmy in 2003 at The Marquis of Granby Hope Valley during a 1960 Sheffield music night. On the bill was Dave Berry, Jimmy Crawford and Sheffields answere to the Everly brothers "Mickey and Johnny". I played guitar for Mickey and Johnny (Dave and Trev) along with Carey Bayliss and Nick Reaney both from The Acoustic Angels. Hope this helps

Jimmy Crawford (Ron Lindsay) Used to keep his motor bike in our shop when I lived on South Street,in the Park District before Parkhill Flats was built.He was going out with one of the neighbours daughter Valerie Hill at the time.