Natural remedy for Osteoarthritis?

i had a new knee joint four years ago, and it is more painful now than before ive been to pain management clinic i bought a tens machine nothing. dr put me on neurontin nothing do all these cures work on a metal knee joint

Perhaps cannabis would help.:hihi:

Ive had a hip replaced now Ive got it in my neck/top of spine. Seeing physio but its only every few weeks. Meanwhile Im giving nettle tea a go and Ive got Mckenzie neck exercise book to strengthen neck muscles.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/771563.stm

Here is just one of many links to Stinging nettles and arthritis.

Sorry to hear about your health Mrs O. I feel for you as I am in a similar position.

Have you thought of giving acupuncture a try? There's also a Pain clinic in Firth Park which is supposed to be very good. Also my mother in law used to swear by careful diet including no red meat, no refined sugar, plenty of fish and brocolli and daily cod liver oil.

Keep away from Ibroprofen as it interferes with blood pressure medication, (tho' I'm not sure if it applies to the gel.)

I also read that scientists are making headway with a medication to treat osteoarthritis, so maybe there is something in the pipeline.

Best of luck, I hope you find something that works for you.

Been taking Glucosamine/Chondroitin for over 20 years now. Ran out of it once and suffered for it. I've lived in Florida for nearly 30 years but I'm able to order the capsules at a great price for my brother who lives at Shiregreen through the UK Amazon website!{He doesn't have a computer!) Here's the link and good luck;

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Valupak-Glucosamine-Chondroitin-100mg-Capsules/dp/B001E9776Q/ref=sr_1_1_sns?m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&ie=UTF8&qid=1375521596&sr=8-1

---------- Post added 03-08-2013 at 09:32 ----------

Glucosamine/Chondroitin are not painkillers in the way aspirin or ibuprofen are. It takes around a month to build up in your body and start to ease your joints. You should start to feel a difference in your pain level within a couple of weeks or so. Recommended daily amount (RDA) Is 1500 mg per day (3 capsules)

I read this thread when it first started, so thought I would try the apple juice (I have OA in my left knee, right hip hands and elbows) didn't seem to do anything, even tried cider (its apple juice) but that didn' do much.

About six weeks ago I ordered some glucosamine 1500mg. never thought much about it, until I realised I was walking a lot better, and didn't have as much pain in my knee or hands, so therefore I came to the conclusion that the glucosamine works.

My friend has Osteophytes on her spine and says this is a very painful condition. Anyone else have them ? She could do with some advice.