Hair extensions from hell

hi everyone

i went to a hairdressers to have extensions put in she did a free consultation and said they would be able to do them me a few days later but would need a deposit before they ordered them.

I decided in the end i didnt want them and just didnt turn up with the deposit only to get the hair dresser and this bloke banging on my door few days later demanding money for the extensions she had oredered without my deposit my parents told them to go away and not come shouting at the house the hairdresser said she will take me to court for it.

Im just wondering how she can think she can do this when she ordered them without my deposit i signed nothing binding me to them i just changed my mind like alot of people do.

Don't worry about it, they don't have a leg to stand on.

Next time ring up to tell them you don't want the procedure doing so you don't get into this confusion again.

So its OK for the hair dresser to be stuck with specially order hair and the 2 hours booked in to work on your hear, of cause they can sue as they have special order the hair and stuck with it now, really hope they take you to court to teach you a lesson, a simple phone call to cancel appointment is not hard,

The op should have had the good grace to call and cancel the appointment, however it is up to the hairdresser if they have gone ahead and ordered the extensions without receiving the deposit they requested.

Sounds like the hairdresser assumed the OP wanted the appointment booked at the first visit, and the OP assumed the appointment would only be booked when they went back in with a deposit.

So its OK for the hair dresser to be stuck with specially order hair and the 2 hours booked in to work on your hear, of cause they can sue as they have special order the hair and stuck with it now, really hope they take you to court to teach you a lesson, a simple phone call to cancel appointment is not hard,

Surely though, the hairdresser is wrong. Just as say a builder would be, if I had him quote me X amount to do a job, he went away with no 'yes' or 'no' (or part payment) but proceeded to buy the materials. Then that would be his silly fault.

So although it would've been courteous to give a call, the hairdresser should call her to confirm. Court would laugh them out. What a silly thing to do, in ANY trade. I would never order parts in for someone who hasn't paid a penny or signed a contract. Business doesn't work on trust.

hi everyone

i went to a hairdressers to have extensions put in she did a free consultation and said they would be able to do them me a few days later but would need a deposit before they ordered them.

I decided in the end i didnt want them and just didnt turn up with the deposit only to get the hair dresser and this bloke banging on my door few days later demanding money for the extensions she had oredered without my deposit my parents told them to go away and not come shouting at the house the hairdresser said she will take me to court for it.

Im just wondering how she can think she can do this when she ordered them without my deposit i signed nothing binding me to them i just changed my mind like alot of people do.

Seems pretty obvious that this is the hairdressers fault, and not down to the OP...

My daughter is a hairdresser, and she certainly wouldnt order the extensions without a deposit being left.

would you order a brand new car in because somebody likes it and might buy it ? NO you would take a deposit to cover any cost incured if the deal failed. so the hairdresser is at fault for jumping the gun, the pound signs will have flashed in their eyes and they ordered without confirmation. as for tony 2 remark i dont think he would have ordered without a deposit if hes truthfull, but a polite phone call informing them of your change of mind would have been manners

Why would anyone order hair if no deposit has been left, this is the whole point of a deposit which is a reassurance and guarantee of someone wanting something.

If you go to a car sales and speak to them about a car then say to them i think ill have it but leave no deposit they wouldnt put it through the system and order you a car would they?

As a professional they shouldnt be banging on customer's doors either.

The op should have had the good grace to call and cancel the appointment, however it is up to the hairdresser if they have gone ahead and ordered the extensions without receiving the deposit they requested.

Probably the most sensible post of them all :thumbsup:

Probably the most sensible post of them all :thumbsup:

It's good but I like this one :)

Seems pretty obvious that this is the hairdressers fault, and not down to the OP...

My daughter is a hairdresser, and she certainly wouldnt order the extensions without a deposit being left.

no they can't , no deposit was left , hairdresser should not of ordered without deposit and confirmation of appointment