Anyone Into Muaythai?

Originally posted by Rurouni_Roni

muay thai is great. I study kickboxing which basicly is muay thai but i live in America so lol

America huh? No kidding? Not Texas by any chance…

Hmm, haven't been to Mick's place, should really go back to Thai boxing. Although I only went a few months, Mick always welcomed me back without question, especially rest of em.

Brill place to train and recomend it to anyone. They really train you hard, but you feel good at end of it plus, months laters, not that many months, say two, and you already feel and see the difference.

I used to train with Mick many moons ago (basically untill I left uni and suddenly found I had no time!) I actually started when they were on the Wicker - that was a fab gym - everytime you kicked the bags you got showered in plaster from the roof! I've tried restarting a couple of times but I found it much harder to get back into than to start in the first place :( Oh well maybe I'll try another MA to get back into the mindset and then move back to MT - anyone know of a Kali class anywhere?!?!

for kali try mark hayes at the source near meadowhall

trained with mark privatly for over a year he teaches doce pares and imb/inosanto lacoste kali, i couldnt recommend him highly enough

I used to train at wicker camp bout 6 months ago, i did it for about three years. Don't get the time anymore though but would love to go back. You aren't wrong at all christian definately knows how to put you through your paces!!!I used to love trainin with trix and mick they always have time for you two wicked people!

Im looking for somone who is interested in sharing private lessons with me at Wicker camp, any week day would be fine b4 2pm, on a regular basis like one lesson a week, anyone interested? I dont get time to go to the evening sessions no-more. Write back on this board or leave a email address and ill get back to you. x

barbie id love to share a private lesson, but im too skint at the mo and im in the monday 8-9.30 class so im very very begginer but i love going even tho i work full time and have pt job too...

im never going to give it up and i cant wait till i can grade

will be a fair way off tho now!

Muay thai sounds excellent.

Love the sound of those knee and elbow techniques.

Does anyone know of a muay thai gym near hillsborough?

(Bear with me because I have just moved to Sheffield and do not know where the Wicker or Hyde Park is in relation to Hillsborough)

I just started at Wicker Camp about 6 weeks ago. Top stuff. Ive been doin karate for about 3 years but my mate who trains at WC kept nagging me to come down.

Finally did and its well worth it. Bit strange for me having gloves on but I'm sure I'll get used to it...

If anyone's heres in the Monday 8-9.30 class I'm the one who keeps getting told off by Sam for doing karate punches when I should be jabbing. (Can't go the wedsnesday one cos thats when I do the karate).

Jogenn- it aint too far from 'boro. If you've got a car you can do it in 15. Have a butchers on their site I'm sure they'll have directions on it- can't think what site's called offhand but Im sure someone else will know.

You training I think at Micks and Trix.

Yeah, they awesome at training. Your going to best thai teachers I know.

Good one Saifa, hope yah keep going.

Originally posted by jogenn

Muay thai sounds excellent.

Love the sound of those knee and elbow techniques.

Does anyone know of a muay thai gym near hillsborough?

(Bear with me because I have just moved to Sheffield and do not know where the Wicker or Hyde Park is in relation to Hillsborough)

catch a tram.

I forget if its yellow or blue

pretty sure its blue