Is it time to ban the internet?

I think you may change your attitude if you were to meet Mrs Bloke!
I like the cut of your jibe :hihi:

...but my attitude is fully adjusted already: my Mrs (of 20 years this year) is local ;)

I can't believe any forum would allow a new member especially from foreign lands to be ostracised in such an awful manner. But we French our made of stronger stuff. There's no point in continuing to argue whether or not I'm French. I AM FRENCH. I am SO French,

I wear clothes made only by Chanel

I often stand in awe of The Arc de Triomphe

I regularly visit The Eiffel Tower

I wear a Beret

I eat Croissants, Crepes and French fries

I drive a Citroen

I AM SO FRENCH! Now can we put that behind us now and at least try and get along.

Stop rising to it, it's starting to make me look bad :D

Frites are Belgian, by the way.

Edited by L00b

I can't believe any forum would allow a new member especially from foreign lands to be ostracised in such an awful manner. But we French our made of stronger stuff. There's no point in continuing to argue whether or not I'm French. I AM FRENCH. I am SO French,

I wear clothes made only by Chanel

I often stand in awe of The Arc de Triomphe

I regularly visit The Eiffel Tower

I wear a Beret

I eat Croissants, Crepes and French fries

I drive a Citroen

I AM SO FRENCH! Now can we put that behind us now and at least try and get along.

I believe you!

There's a strong smell of garlic coming from the back of my computer! :gag:

You forgot the bit about taking your jobs and your wimmin...I do it all, got to stay true to the stereotype :D:twisted:

It's not exactly hard to sleep with an Englishman's woman though is it. All you have to do is ask her how her day has been and that she's looking beautiful today. That's literally all you have to do and they want to leave their husbands forever. Englishmen definitely neglect their wives.

It's not exactly hard to sleep with an Englishman's woman though is it. All you have to do is ask her how her day has been and that she's looking beautiful today. That's literally all you have to do and they want to leave their husbands forever. Englishmen definitely neglect their wives.

I think you would be more likely to get a kick in the petit pois from our lass!

She hates french men. She hates the accent and the arrogance.

I think you would be more likely to get a kick in the petit pois from our lass!

Remember, my name is Legrand, there's nothing petit down there. I'm sure your wife would love me and be thoroughly entertained by my whimsy.

Remember, my name is Legrand, there's nothing petit down there. I'm sure your wife would love me and be thoroughly entertained by my whimsy.

No,............she'd kick you firmly in the nads mate.

I've just tried to translate that but Google seems to be having difficulties.

What is a 'whimsy' in English please?

No,............she'd kick you firmly in the nads mate.

Well, if you're so sure, why don't you let her come out to the Chateau for a weekend where I will regale her with my fine wines, music and dance. Like taking candy from a baby, that's how it would go down.

Well, if you're so sure, why don't you let her come out to the Chateau for a weekend where I will regale her with my fine wines, music and dance. Like taking candy from a baby, that's how it would go down.

Ha! Like a sack of spuds, that's how you would go down!

Never thought much of French wine anyway. We always go for a good Spanish Shiraz.

Never thought much of French wine anyway. We always go for a good Spanish Shiraz.

I don't even know what to say to that. This conversation is over!

---------- Post added 17-04-2013 at 14:37 ----------

I don't think we need to ban the internet. The internet has brought the world closer, made it a smaller place, but sadly, some choose to use it to attack others rather than to educate and learn tolerance of other races and cultures. I have been attacked as a newcomer on this very forum, which I can deal with but sadly, the forum has lost out as my good Swiss friend Lars Blickensderfer has been totally put off of joining due to my ill treatment which is a shame as he could have brought a lot to the forum. Maybe Lars and I will have to find another online home for our Northern English studies.

Technology is always a double edged sword. It can be used for liberatory and oppressive purposes.

The good thing about the internet (at the moment) is that it still has a decentralised structure of control and ownership. Of course, there are people who want to change that, but we won't make the same mistake in handing too much power to too few people as we did in the "real world"... will we?