Anyone know what's happening in town?

The area around Primark has been sealed off by the rozzers and there appears to be ambulance responders there, as well as the rozzers.

Anyone know what's going down?

Edited by Agent Orange

No, but I walked in to McDonalds (the shame) about 20 mins ago and the blue route tram at Castle Square was already there, blocked off from going any further.

I could see a small piece of some kind of debris, underneath the canopy that runs down the Primark building - but that was on the pavement, so there must have been something else involved to be shutting off the tramline.

Thanks for the response.

I saw from afar so couldn't work out what had happened. I am sure someone on here will be snooping about down there and will fill us in at some point.

Travel South Yorkshire have tweeted that there is an incident in Castle Square, causing disruption to tram services

Our daughter is in town and shew has just called the missus and she has been told there has been a stabbing.

Just seen on trusty Facebook there has been a stabbing :-\

Yeah a 16 year old boy has been stabbed according to SYP on Facebook!

Confusing, as the SYP statement is talking about the incident being on Angel Street, around 7.20pm; but none of Angel Street was taped off when I walked past around an hour later - it was down the High Street and towards Haymarket. Unless, by Angel Street it means right in front of where the tram was stopped, which I suppose is strictly Angel Street too.